Question on body weight...

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Ok this is going to be a bit unexpected :P I've heard so many things on television, talk shows and whatnot on weight loss and how to go about it...

But now I bring a different query before you :P How on earth does one gain weight in a healthy manner? :Push: You'd probably just say eat and eat and eat... I've tried stuffing myself on occassion.. but it's getting scary... my weight hasn't budged in almost three years now :s and yeah I'm kinda concerned, because I'm 16 and I need the energy and proper growth cycle to sustain my every day life :confused1:

Advice any one? Thanks in advance :smile:

- ÄiÐêN :sweatdrop:

2. Try to eat lots of snacks?
    and how about those healthy energy bars? those might be good for snacking.
    I heard that GNC has shakes too. but the problem with them is your supposed to drink it then eat too..but I heard that you get so full after it. but it's worth a try :smile:
    Someone in my family is having this problem actually.she's having a hard time gaining weight too.
    Best of luck to you :flowers:

3. What does your typical day consist of (eating wise)? You may be eating a lot but not eating anything with proper nutrients.

4. Hmm well thanks for your replies guys :smile: I guess I tend to skip breakfast sometimes and my lunches aren't always 'enough'. Maybe I should just eat as much as I can whenever I can :nuts: Lol, but I guess the main thing is to be consistent...

- ÄiÐêN :P

5. You can not skip breakfast or lunch or dinner... and you need 2 snacks in the day. You need to make sure you are getting food from all of the food groups- make sure you are getting tons of protein and carbs (healthy carbs) and fruits and veggies.

6. Tip my doctor gave me when I had this problem; Eat nuts! They are delicious and contain healthy fats.

7. Oh I thought about nuts but never actually tried it! :smile: Thanks for that; because I need protein but I'm not really much of a carnivore :P Nuts sound like a good option!

- ÄiÐêN :nuts:

8. When I was 16, I considered myself too skinny and was desperate to gain weight. It is something that happened all on its own as I have gotten older. I am still thin, but not "skinny" as I used to consider myself to be. So hopefully you will gain the weight that you want without too much worry, but if not, you can always see a nutritionist that can help with recommendations.

9. ^^^ Oh, ok thanks for that! :smile:

- ÄiÐêN :nuts:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice