question on bay purchase

Cthai

O.G.
May 4, 2007
Hello -

My Sister in-law won a bid on an LV bag, and have ask me to take a look. Now, I have some knowledge of LV's however, I am not an expert in telling "fake" vs "real" but just one look, I can tell this bag was a fake.. the inside was all wrong.. the LV is cut off, it was one of those horrible fakes. She didn't pay for the bag yet, so I told her she should email the seller and let her know, that her bag is a counterfeit items and explain to her that you bid on the items believe it was auth, and I also told her that the seller can leave a negative feedback.. but I would not pay for this bag.. my question is, is this the right thing to do? would you pay for the bag even thou you know it's a fake? isn't it illegal to sell counterfeit on ebay?

Hello -

My Sister in-law won a bid on an LV bag, and have ask me to take a look. Now, I have some knowledge of LV's however, I am not an expert in telling "fake" vs "real" but just one look, I can tell this bag was a fake.. the inside was all wrong.. the LV is cut off, it was one of those horrible fakes. She didn't pay for the bag yet, so I told her she should email the seller and let her know, that her bag is a counterfeit items and explain to her that you bid on the items believe it was auth, and I also told her that the seller can leave a negative feedback.. but I would not pay for this bag.. my question is, is this the right thing to do? would you pay for the bag even thou you know it's a fake? isn't it illegal to sell counterfeit on ebay?
There is an EBay forum here, you are better off asking that question in there. But she should not pay for an obvious fake. The people in the eBay thread are more knowledgable about the procedures.

Hello -

I would have the bag authenticated so you are sure whether it is authentic or not. You can post in the authenticate this LV thread with a link to the auction. I would hold off on paying until you have it authenticated.

Hello -

Sellers can't leave negative fb for buyers anymore so that's a non-issue. You can get a non-payment strike on your account but that's better than buying a fake bag, right? Before accusing the seller do post a link to the auction either on TPF or the eBay soes/purses board to double check that the bag is actually fake, though.

Thank you everyone, I'm going to ask her for the link and post it on the authentication LV. She already email the seller and said she willing to paid for the bag to get auth and if it's real she will pay.