Question on a Baguette from early 2000's??

jcash454

Apr 11, 2008
Hello everyone -- have a quick question for my the Fendi gurus on TPF...I attached a pic below of a Fendi baguette I bought around 2002 - 2003(ish).

Has anyone seen one like this before (or have one)? I love it, one of my favorite fun "going out" bags and looks amazing with a little black dress...but I don't have the receipt from my purchase and was wondering if any of you experts could help me better understand my little buddy? :love:

I used to buy bags just when I thought they were cute -- now I want to know a little more about some of the older members of my collection!

Attachments

• Bag-Fendi Fur Baguette2.JPG
    Bag-Fendi Fur Baguette2.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 106
Hi jcash! Cute baguette! I used to collect baguettes back in the days when they were the "IT" bag. Now they have found a home in my closet waiting for the new trend in oh 20 years.

You are going to make me cry with a story like that :crybaby:

Those poor little Baguettes all locked up in the dark! Please tell me you let them out to play every now and then :smile:

And nvchampagne, you are totally right, I remember a pink one as well!!! Thanks - I love this one, I don't wear it enough...:love:

I can't really understand why some say the baguette is "out". To me it seems like such a classic style. It's nothing outragous or anything? I have one myself, the zucca, and don't use it either for this reason. Maybe we should all dig ours out of our closets and start the trend again? Maybe after the new sex and the city movie comes out it will be popular? I thought I read that the baguette makes an appearance in this movie?

Ahhh, the baguette. At one point, I had a good collection of them, prolly 20 or 25 in all. Good ole times. :love:

This particular one I remember dates back to 2000 or maybe 2001. It came in pink, blue and a yellow. I think at the time, the cavallino bags were all priced around $1,200 - $1,600. HTH!

Also wanted to add that the colors would look fab with a steel gray ensemble! :yes: