Question: If a birkin is out on the floor in one the boutiques

My local store just put out a burnt orange Birkin HAC. I will be back this week....lets see if its still there. I will keep you posted.
Usually the ones they put out can be out from a day to a few days...depending the color and leather maybe a week or so.
There is also a gorgeous red croc Birkin with diamonds that has been out for a while - but thats because its 104,000. Its by far the prettiest birkin i have ever seen.

When I visited Italy, every single Birkin or Kelly on display had a "For Display Only" sign in front of it. Not sure if they are already reserved, or the store manager wants to screen the potential customer before selling it. All I know is I was turned down at every one of the boutiques!

I've seen a Gold Epsom 35 Birkin last 42 minutes on the shelf. Blue Jean Togo in 35 lasted 16 minutes after I turned it down and a 30 Graphite Clemence lasted all day and was sold the next morning. I know on weekends they rarely last all day if they are nonexotics.

My SA and I would always time from the minute it hits the window/shelf and make bets on how long before they were rung up. The diamond encrusted croc is still there months later, which surprises me even though it is exorbitantly expensive.

I've seen a Gold Epsom 35 Birkin last 42 minutes on the shelf. Blue Jean Togo in 35 lasted 16 minutes after I turned it down and a 30 Graphite Clemence lasted all day and was sold the next morning. I know on weekends they rarely last all day if they are nonexotics.

My SA and I would always time from the minute it hits the window/shelf and make bets on how long before they were rung up. The diamond encrusted croc is still there months later, which surprises me even though it is exorbitantly expensive.

Would you mind telling us which store you go to or if not--whether or not its a major market like NY,LA etc

*Homer voice*

Graaaaaaaphite Cleeeeeeeemence :drool:

That color is drawing me in, truth be told. Such a rich and creamy gray, so beautiful.

I wonder if the birkins that make it out to the floor were ordered by customers who did not want by the time it came to them? then offered at retail environment?

I gotta think that the diamond encrusted bags take at least a few days to sell (ha ha)...

Would you mind telling us which store you go to or if not--whether or not its a major market like NY,LA etc

Usually I frequent Beverly Hills and SCP. Although I've visited Hermes in other states, I've never seen a Birkin on the shelf at any other location except my CA boutiques and Vancouver's Hermes. I've yet to see either a Kelly or a Birkin in San Francisco and am convinced they are hidden away.

BTW, I usually see the Birkins on the shelf/window in the morning hours.

Usually I frequent Beverly Hills and SCP. Although I've visited Hermes in other states, I've never seen a Birkin on the shelf at any other location except my CA boutiques and Vancouver's Hermes. I've yet to see either a Kelly or a Birkin in San Francisco and am convinced they are hidden away.

BTW, I usually see the Birkins on the shelf/window in the morning hours.

I have seen quite a few Kellys on the floor in San Francisco store, but never a Birkin. I'm very convinced that they're hidden away as my friend is the assistant to a show producer who owns quite a few Birkins is shown a Birkin almost everytime she stops by for her boss.

Lately, at my local store (SCP), I'm noticing that there are one or two kellys around every time I visit (once or twice a month). There's also a huge birkin closer to the men's section.

This holiday season, I feel that Hermes actually made a conscientious effort to put out many interesting items on the shelves. I see rainbow colored wallets and accessories in the display. I also see so many beautiful trims and picotins in many fun colors. I was also lucky enough to get a gold kelly yesterday. I'm really happy with my store now.
:tup::tup::tup::tup::tup:

in general will it sell that day? Now the caveats include assuming that it is a size 30 to 40cm in a color that is fairly normal and something desirable. (a travel HAC in orange epsom is an example of something that could take weeks to sell)
So far, I have never seen them ever turn someone down!:smile: