Question: Hobo Straps & Morning After Bags..?

HA...that's cuz it's just sittin' there, looking pretty, but not having to actually be useful in real life. Like models do, you know. I like the way the strap looks hooked to the D-rings, but I dunno how that looks or feels when worn.

When you say D ring, you mean the ring on the top of the bag near the right hand corner right?
ee61b062.jpg

Wow, this is an old thread! I remember reading this waaaay back, when I was still teaching in Korea and scouring all the threads and pics to decide what to buy! (And before there was a Rebecca Minkoff Forum!) Thanks for reviving this--it brings back memories! :girlsigh:

:roflmfao: I just laughed so hard reading through your posts, GUNG! I've experienced the exact same issues tonight. The spinning bag, the lopsided bag, not knowing where to clip the strap. Oh man, this is too much. At least I'm not the only one. Hahaha!!!

I was just looking at the RM MAB on the JCMadison website & noticed that the shoulder strap shown on that bag has an adjustable shoulder pad and wider ends where the strap hooks onto the bag. The strap that GUNG shows in her pics looks like a straight piece of leather w/no shoulder pad. Does anyone know if the straps have changed or if there is more than one style? I'd actually like one like the one shown on JCMadison's site.
graphics%5CBIG-REBMABEGG.jpg
Did anyone figure out if you can by this strap??

I enjoyed Gung's thread that included all kinds of options when it comes to adding the RM shoulder strap to MABs and MAMs. It did not seem that a satisfactory solution about how to attach them was ever found. Those of you that have and are using the shoulder straps, are you happy and do you find them functional? And in your experience, where is the best place to attach them? Just trying to figure out whether I want to get the Sage/Stamp strap for my newly acquired MAB from ebay. I am definitely a shoulder bag kind of gal though I do carry my Hunter Green MAM by the handles gleefully. :heart:

I recently got a sage/stamp MAB too and when it arrived I took the strap off of my Elisha and put in on the MAB to see how it would look. It was a disaster! I tried hooking it on the d rings and on different areas of the side of the bag and NOTHING looked right. It hung funny and it looked all lopsided. It totally lost its structure and looked sloppy. I was all about ordering a shoulder strap for it but I've completely changed my mind. I just don't think that the strap works well on the MAB. Although, it's possible that I just wasn't attaching it correctly. Either way, I'm not ordering a strap for it. I think that it's best to attach it to the d rings if you do add a strap.

^^the MAB fits on the shoulder so i don't think you'd need the hobo strap for it unless you wanted a longer drop... and the elisha strap...IMO i don't like the MA with the whole mesenger type look

Ladies-

I have heard several of you talk about buying hobo straps for your MA bags and was wondering how this work exactly. Don't the handles get in the way or are you able to remove the handles somehow? Very confused about this and was wondering if I should get a hobo strap for my MAM.. the thing is the handles work for me just fine already.. so what are the advantages of having a hobo strap?

TIA!!!!