Question, help please :)

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Hmm, I'm reading everything about Chanel, and I'm a bit lost. What is chanel 2.55 and what is the caviar bag?...sorry if this is a stupid question :sweatdrop: Thanks always everyone!! I'm so glad I found this site!! :smile:

2. The Chanel 2.55 was the bag that Coco Chanel introduced in Feb 1955 (hence 2.55). It was reissued last year as a limited edition and was stamped. There was an unstamped reissue of the bag this year and I understand that there will be another version of this bag in the Cruise 2007 collection. The Classic flap (with the double Cs ) has also been referred to as the 2.55. This is my understanding....

Swanky?

c3.jpg c4.jpg
  3. O:huh: Thank you so much Rose!!! :nuts:

4. it's very confusing, no worries!

That Reissue she posted pics of is slightly different than a Classic Flap - which comes in lamskin or caviar.
    The Classic Flap has CC's on the lock/latch, unlike the Reissues' above.

They're all very similar though ;)

5. You're welome, and welcome to PF! There are some great pics of both the classic flaps and the reissues in the reference section:heart:

6. Love the name Swanky mama of three! :roflmfao: Thank you for your help!! :smile:

7. LOL! It's hard to come up w/ a screenname to me!

8. swanky i heard they were all stamped...
    was the cost more on the stamped vs the unstamped...

9. The 2005 edition was stamped 2.55-2005. They did not cost anymore than the unstamped 2006 reissues.

10. :yes: they were the anniversary bags. They may become collector's items eventually.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice