QUESTION!!! Gucci largo hobo - Broken after only 4 months!

bbybrook02

Aug 12, 2009
I'm new here... so hello! I've been beside myself after only 4 months of purchasing my large "horsebit" hobo from a gucci store here in Florida... it broke! I'm interested in knowing if this is common??? The screw came out of the ring connect at the top of the leather/shoulder. Please forgive me as I don't know the correct terms... this is my first Gucci bag! I did send an email to Gucci and they were very vague and didn't seem to act very professional if I can say that... Very sorry if that sounds bad but I would have expected better customer service. Considering I spent over 1300.00 dollars!!! Anyway - I'm shocked that this bag even broken in the first place. I've owned a lot of Louis Vuittons and never had a problem with them! I'm very disappointed in my purchase and wish I'd stayed with LV's. Anyway - is this a common thing to happen if you guys can even figure out what i'm talking about??? LOL The gucci rep said it'll cost me about 100 bucks! I just bought this bag - are they kidding me? Again I'm sorry just very upset.... what should I do? Has anyone just taken their bag to a repair shop and if that worked or should I send it back to gucci?

I'm new here... so hello! I've been beside myself after only 4 months of purchasing my large "horsebit" hobo from a gucci store here in Florida... it broke! I'm interested in knowing if this is common??? The screw came out of the ring connect at the top of the leather/shoulder. Please forgive me as I don't know the correct terms... this is my first Gucci bag! I did send an email to Gucci and they were very vague and didn't seem to act very professional if I can say that... Very sorry if that sounds bad but I would have expected better customer service. Considering I spent over 1300.00 dollars!!! Anyway - I'm shocked that this bag even broken in the first place. I've owned a lot of Louis Vuittons and never had a problem with them! I'm very disappointed in my purchase and wish I'd stayed with LV's. Anyway - is this a common thing to happen if you guys can even figure out what i'm talking about??? LOL The gucci rep said it'll cost me about 100 bucks! I just bought this bag - are they kidding me? Again I'm sorry just very upset.... what should I do? Has anyone just taken their bag to a repair shop and if that worked or should I send it back to gucci?

Four months? It should come under guarantee and you shouldn't have to pay. Try to speak to someone else coz that doesn't sound right to me.

are you able to take it back to the store? they should be able to repair it for you. if you still have the receipt (though the store will have your shopping history), it would be helpful. i would approach them in a very calm manner and you may be able to have them waive the fee. unfortunately, yes, most stores do charge to repair a bag. it would have been the same with LV. i believe the only brand that offers free repairs is coach.

if you have a trusty cobbler, they should be able to fix it. most have the tools on hand required to repair a handbag.

good luck!

Try the store first. My friend had a problem w/ one of her bags (was a gift) and the gucci store fixed it the first time and then replaced it the second time at no charge.
If they repair it make sure they use 'nut lock' on the screw so it won't happen again. If you purchased at a dept store, sometimes they send them to their repair centers and they use pieces from other bags or they can sometimes order another from Gucci.
Good Luck!

First of all I would like to say how sorry I am that this bag broke. I'm actually quite surprised! I've owned this exact bag for over 3 years and never had a problem. I wouldn't contact them through email. I would take it directly back to the store you bought it. They should have your info. on file. Tell them you don't want the bag fixed, you want a totally different bag. Don't waste your time waiting for the bag to be fixed. It is not your fault their product was faulty. Good luck and keep us posted.

They should not charge you any fees. I had a bag for over a year and the leather started having some problems. They fixed it for free! Just remember to tell them what you want and not to ask. It does however help greatly to be nice!

Sorry to hear about that! Take it back to the store and have them look at it. I've had something as small as sunnies repaired in-store with no questions asked, really good customer service.

I have a Horsebit hobo and I've had it for awhile and I've never had a problem. I agree with everyone else about taking it back to the store. I personally would not take it to a repair shop. I hope they can exchange yours for a new one and possibly send the one you got as a defect back to Gucci or send yours out to Gucci for repair for free. Good Luck.

I have heard about this happening with this bag, and there are a couple other threads on this. Since, your bag is only 4 months old, they should repair it for free. Just make sure to bring your receipt with you or have them look up the purchase.