Question from eBay Newbie - BINs

Doglover1610

Island Girl
O.G.
Nov 5, 2009
In regards to BINs, is it that you have to have enough money in your Paypal account to cover the purchase? Or is there a certain number of feedback you have to have before you can purchase by BIN. I have been trying to do BINs but I always get some message about "you are over your Paypal sending limit" or something to that effect. Thanks for any info you can share!

To the best of my knowledge, the paypal spending limit is a certain amount that you can spend - you cannot exceed that amount unless you have purposely raised the limit - I would contact paypal for instructions on how to do that.

I don't believe that the BIN feature is tied to feedback, or anything of that nature. For some sellers, payment is required immediately, and you can only purchase the item if you have the means to pay for it at the moment you choose to BIN. For others, you can BIN but you don't have to pay it immediately - it's more like an auction payment format. I think it may be how the seller sets up the BIN feature in their formatting.

In your case, based on the message you are receiving, you probably just need to raise your spending limit with paypal.

Good luck!

For me, I couldn't use BIN for high priced items, until I had my limit changed. I only have 54 feedback, but I don't think that makes a difference. I had to add a credit card which Paypal charged me $1.95 to that card. Once I confirmed the number that I found on my cc statement, I was credited the $1.95 to my PP account and my limit was lifted. I don't have a limit now and have bought 2 chanel bags on Ebay using BIN.
Hope this helps.

I followed the steps and found out that I hadn't linked and confirmed my debit card. So I did that and they charged me the 1.95. Thanks for all your help :yahoo:

Now another question. My online statement shows that I've been charged. Paypal requires a code from the statement to confirm the card. Do I have to wait until the transaction is completed to see this code or will it show up while it's still pending?

Last edited:
Check to see if there is a number on your statement after it says PAYPAL. I can't remember how many numbers it is. 4 I think. If you don't see it, or the one you see doesn't work, wait until it's no longer pending. I used my debit card too and it didn't show up until it was processed. It took a day or two to show up.