Question from a Novice...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. And I am one, even though I had 6 Chanels, but never could bring myself to use them more than a couple times each! I was too worried I would wreck them! (I know, I'm nuts) I consigned and sold all but one of the bags. I have hung onto it and am sitting here wondering if I will ever use it. It is an XL Jumbo, I think (14 in. x 10 x 4, I believe) lambskin quilted flap in black. Bought a good 10-11 years ago and still has the da&* N-M tag on it!!!

What I would like to know from you all, where and how would you wear a bag like this? It is too big for evening. Is it only for "dressy"? It has a single somewhat thick chain threaded with with leather strap, and it is very long, one could actually wear this bag messenger style.

How and when the heck to I wear this gorgeous bag??? I live in SF Bay Area, and in the wine country, rural property, I don't dress up much. Actually, I only own 2 dresses. jeans and boots for me most of the time.

What fashion advice can you give me???

Give me the courage to wear this bag, ladies!:smile:

2. I don't think the XL jumbo is dressy at all. It looks great with a casual outfit. You don't need courage to wear the bag, just throw it on and go! No offense intended, but a Chanel bag is not exactly a Richard Tuttle sculpture... it's precious to us, sure, but it's meant to be used, worn and loved. I think luxury is meant to be enjoyed, not set on a shelf.

3. I agree - wear it with jeans and sneakers if you like - but just wear it!!!

Life is short, enjoy your belongings.:tup:

4. I agree with all of the above! This bag looks great with jeans and boots. And it's considered very in style right now to wear a jumbo "dressed down". I honestly think you can dress this bag up or down and it looks fantastic either way! Wear her and enjoy her!

5. I carry my jumbo (not the XL size) every where. I just love it. I think that it's easy to dress it up or dress it down to be honest. I wouldn't wear it to a cockail party or something (I doubt) but everything else is fair game. I think it's a great bag.

6. --hehe no offense taken! I am just so weird in that I hate to get spots stains, scratches, etc. on my nice bags. I have to get over that. I'll let you all know how it goes when I have taken her out for a spin or two!;).

7. I would probably wear it with what you just said -- jeans and boots. I would probably carry it either at its longest chain length on my shoulder or across my shoulder. It is such a great bag!!! I :heart: vintage chanel.

8. amen.

9. You have got a great bag there. It would be a shame to have it sitting in a closet. Enjoy it!

10. That XL jumbo would look amazing with jeans! Try it a few times and I bet it would become your favorite. I would love to have a classic flap that big, especially in black. :love:

11. Anything goes with a large chanel def not dressy :biggrin:

I think the smaller chanels are dressier but even so Rachel bilson wore her mini red chanel with tackies and a tshirt...so..anything goes :biggrin:

12. You can use it for your casual, and anything at all. I have the same bag as yours, but eventually, sold it because of its weight!

13. use it, enjoy it! :yes:

14. --Yes, I am thinking the weight might become an issue. We'll see.