Question for Tribeca Tote Owners

LadyLibra

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I was inspecting my Navy Tribeca E/W Tote tonight and just noticed that it doesn't have the brown "Made in China" tag above the leather tab with the attachment for the key ring or anywhere else in the bag like some other Coach bags (e.g., Sabrina). Is this how the Tribecas were produced or was it simply left off during production?

I know that nothing's perfect, especially when you purchase it at the outlet like I did - I've already had to rub excess glue off of the outside leather of the bag, which was visible. I guess the tag issue really shouldn't bother me because it's on the inside of the bag and only I would know - but it kind of does. I'm pretty picky about my bags - when I bought it, I looked at about 6 of them, all of which had really noticeable defects, before choosing this one which was the best of the lot.

TIA.

LadyLibra

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I just Googled "Coach Navy Tribeca Tote" and it led me to an ended ebay listing of the bag that provided pretty good pictures and that one didn't have the "Made in China" tag either (Please note that this was not my listing. I neither buy nor sell items of any kind from such sites).

I wonder if Coach just didn't include the tag on the Navy Tribeca Totes?

LadyLibra

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I did a little more Googling and it seems that the "Made in China" tag was included on the Op Art and Patent Leather (at the very least the Antique Gold) Tribecas, both E/W and N/S, but not the Leather. It seems strange, but maybe it's because they were produced on different assembly lines, at different facilities and/or at different times.

If anyone else has any insight or your leather Tribeca does have the "Made in China" tag, please feel free to chip in.

I went and checked my Tribeca's: only my gold one has a tag. The leather (buff), and my 2 patents (magenta and berry) do not.

My 2 new Kristen satchels do not have the tag either. And I have bought a couple of MFF's in the past several weeks and those do not have the tag either.

I noticed that the tag has been missing because I have been attaching a ring to the tag since the D-ring has disappeared.

LadyLibra

O.G.
Apr 5, 2009
I went and checked my Tribeca's: only my gold one has a tag. The leather (buff), and my 2 patents (magenta and berry) do not.

My 2 new Kristen satchels do not have the tag either. And I have bought a couple of MFF's in the past several weeks and those do not have the tag either.

I noticed that the tag has been missing because I have been attaching a ring to the tag since the D-ring has disappeared.
Thanks for checking. It's eased my mind a bit and now I can enjoy my bag without feeling like something's missing.

All of your Tribecas are beautiful colors. And congrats on your Kristin Satchels. I looked at the Coach site today and have been admiring it in the Peach and Yellow.

Last edited: