Question for top handle bag owners, esp. Speedy

gatorfan

Feb 17, 2007
Please excuse this handbag noob question - when you're by yourself, how do you carry a Speedy into the bathroom stall (even if a hook is provided, wouldn't the bag be too big to fit? what if there's no hook at all?) How do you wash your hands without having the bag touch the countertop/get splashed with water? Yes I know I sound very paranoid but I never set my bag down on the floor or leave it on a chair in the lounge area unattended :nuts: I only own shoulder bags though which makes it easy ;)

I hook my speedy by one of the handles if the hook is small (seems strong enough) and put it between my legs when Im washing my hands. I guess you can always put tp on the floor if there is no hook in the stall and put your speedy on it, although I never had to do this before :shrugs:

I hook my speedy by one of the handles if the hook is small (seems strong enough) and put it between my legs when Im washing my hands.

I do the same.

Don't worry, OP; if this is considered paranoid then I'm totally paranoid with you because public bathroom water on my vachetta is not high on my to-do list! :biggrin:

I have a speedy and when I know that I'm going to be shopping or doing something all day, I bring my strap with me. By bringing the strap with me I can have it hang cross body while I'm washing my hands. As far as in the stall goes, or if I don't have my strap with me and I'm at the sink, I will take a wad of paper towels and put the speedy on top of that. It's not ideal, but it's better than letting the canvas touch whatever surface you don't want it to touch. I do the same thing at restaurants on the chair next to me on in the booth.

I hook my speedy by one of the handles if the hook is small (seems strong enough) and put it between my legs when Im washing my hands. I guess you can always put tp on the floor if there is no hook in the stall and put your speedy on it, although I never had to do this before :shrugs:
Ditto! i put it in between my legs when i'm washing my hands. if there were no hook in the stall, i would find another stall or bathroom. never on the floor or counter without putting some papertowels down first.

I put paper towels on the sink to put my hand held (not LV) bags on.

The only restroom I've been in lately that didn't have hooks had a very wide toilet paper dispenser so I put a paper towel on that and then my bag.

I'd be afraid to put it on the floor because someone could reach under and grab it and run.

I've seen bags on the floor (with or without anything under them) and hanging out under the stall door and wondered what the owners were thinking!

I will use one strap on the hook if the hook is too small for both handles.
When using the faucet, I usually tuck my purse under my arm or between my legs. It looks weird, but I don't care!

Whenever I put the bag between my legs while washing my hands, some ladies always look at me like "wtf is she doing!" I'm glad I'm not the only one!