Question for Tod's Noob

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
Hi dears!

This is my first time contemplating on getting a Tod's handbag, I went to the boutique and the leathers are of really good quality (disappointed in quality of other brands increasingly)...

My question is...I liked the new military bag (in blue), the D-bag shopper and also the more classic (?) sella bowler bag.

For my first Tod's bag, which would you recommend? Is the sella bag still a classic you think?

I plan to use it sometimes at work and sometimes just shopping maybe (I don't need a huge bag as I don't carry much)- I have other bags like Chanel flaps, Ferragamo, Miu Miu and Prada mostly.

Thanks so much! :smile:

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
Authenticator
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
In the Forest
Hi dears!

This is my first time contemplating on getting a Tod's handbag, I went to the boutique and the leathers are of really good quality (disappointed in quality of other brands increasingly)...

My question is...I liked the new military bag (in blue), the D-bag shopper and also the more classic (?) sella bowler bag.

For my first Tod's bag, which would you recommend? Is the sella bag still a classic you think?

I plan to use it sometimes at work and sometimes just shopping maybe (I don't need a huge bag as I don't carry much)- I have other bags like Chanel flaps, Ferragamo, Miu Miu and Prada mostly.

Thanks so much! :smile:
minami - sorry it took so long for an opinion. If I were to pick, it would be the D-Bag shopper, but that is because "I" like it best of the choices. I also have one of the earlier versions with the handles as part of the bag and not attached separately with hardware. Separately attached handles is a good idea, especially if/when you need to replace them.

My recommendation would be to take what you would normally carry and try them in each bag. As long as you feel comfortable with the bag that you like best, you will have made the best choice.

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
thanks for your opinion dear! :smile: I was leaning towards that as well... got kinda swayed by my mom as she thought the sella was more classic :smile:

ujili

O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
Brand Heaven
thanks for your opinion dear! :smile: I was leaning towards that as well... got kinda swayed by my mom as she thought the sella was more classic :smile:
Classic wise D-bag wins hands down imo. Sella has a classic shape for sure but its rather a new addition to the collection compared to the D-shopper.

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
xoxo
Classic wise D-bag wins hands down imo. Sella has a classic shape for sure but its rather a new addition to the collection compared to the D-shopper.

Thanks for your opinion! I didn't know that but both are def great bags 😁