Question for those who've used L'oreal Sublime Glow

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
I haven't used L'oreal Sublime Glow yet, but I have used Jergens & Nivea in the past. The Jergens one in fair didn't do anything for me. The Nivea in fair turned me orange.

So I'm curious to know whether the L'oreal in fair works better than Jergens or Nivea in fair does? I bought the medium shade, but if it the fair works fine & won't turn me orange, I'd prefer that. I'm afraid the medium shade will be TOO dark for me.

I just bought it today so I could still technically return it & buy the fair version. CVS is also having a BOGO 50% off, so maybe I should buy the fair version & just test both out? I just hate having to try different shades...

Last edited:
I'm very fair, and I've used Jergen's Fair natural glow or something called that. I liked it WAYYYY more than L'oreal's Sublime glow which made me extremely red and itchy. I think I got an allergic reaction to l'oreal's. Also, I didn't like their smell. It was nauseating for hours.

L'oreal Sublime Glow is my self tanner HOLY GRAIL -

As in, if the CVS has 6 bottles, I will buy all 6. It becomes hard to find in the summer.

I have not tried the Nivea, but I did try the Jergens lotion and the Dove lotion..... I was not a fan - I'm probably bad at applying it, because I became a little streaky.

However, the Jergens FOAM, I LOVE! But the Sublime Glow is my true HG. I love the way it smells!

Another good one is the True Blue Spa one from B&BW. Smells like the beach!

I'm very fair, and I've used Jergen's Fair natural glow or something called that.

Thanks, but I should've specified which Jergens lotion I used -- it was the Natural Glow one as well in Fair. Didn't work for me at all, unfortunately.

Anyways, I went ahead & applied the Sublime Glow in Medium. It reeks, but I hope it doesn't turn me orange!

last summer i switched back and forth between jergens and the sublime glow...i much prefered the sublime glow lotion and the wipes, no orange there! but might i add that i just started using the new jergens foam and love it!!!

L'oreal Sublime Glow is my self tanner HOLY GRAIL -

As in, if the CVS has 6 bottles, I will buy all 6. It becomes hard to find in the summer.

I have not tried the Nivea, but I did try the Jergens lotion and the Dove lotion..... I was not a fan - I'm probably bad at applying it, because I became a little streaky.

However, the Jergens FOAM, I LOVE! But the Sublime Glow is my true HG. I love the way it smells!

Another good one is the True Blue Spa one from B&BW. Smells like the beach!
Wow, I havn't used but one :smile: and it was the Dove, I'll have to venture out to try some of these others. My skin is SOOO fair, and I always look like parched white paper among everyone else with sun kissed skin :smile:

^^ I know, I'm a tanning freak. Just be sure to get the lightest color first....and gradually build up!
My only piss off about my skin is that it's so light, so it burns SOO easily, so I don't really tan, I either stay parch white or lobster red... it's a sucky situation to be in.

I mean I want something that will give me some REAL color, you know? I mean I probably can't be as well tanned as others, but I would like something that makes it appear as if I'm not a vampire living in the shadows of the world ;)

I think I tried this and didn't like the smell. The only self tanner I can use that doesn't turn me orange or smell awful is by Banana Boat called Summer Color. After about a week of application I am so dark. I love it!

i used the loreal tanning towels and the color was great (not orange). i need to improve my application but the color was natural and subtle- great because i didn't use them on my face and i didn't look like i was dramatically 2 different shades!

One of my guy friends loves Loreal Sublime Glow in medium, he uses it on his face and body. He is really pale normally and this stuff turns him a dark orange, I think it looks bad but he likes it. It also streaks really bad, he always has streaks on his arms, people ask if they are bruises!

So the Sublime Glow doesn't really streak for me. I applied it for the 2nd time last night & it went on fine from what I saw this morning. Medium is actually the perfect shade! I just let it fade over the course of one day for it to match the skin tone of the rest of my body. I didn't let it fade today & I still look fine.