Question for those who own Helmut Lang Leather leggings

neenabengal

Oct 18, 2007
Hi
I have a pair of Helmut Lang Patina leggings in a US8. I am also now lusting after a pair of Helmut Lang black stretch leather leggings - on reviews, many say to size down.

Would those who own them recommend that I buy a US6? My patina leggings are quite roomy in the waist but as the leather is quite firm/ stiff, I felt the US8 would be the best fit for me.

Whereas if the leather leggings are quite buttery soft, I am thinking a US6 would fit me best?

Can anyone advise? I dont like waist to be too tight so wanted to know, if I got the US6, would the waist eventually stretch out - or would just the leather stretch so the elastic waist would always stay the same size?

Hi
I have a pair of Helmut Lang Patina leggings in a US8. I am also now lusting after a pair of Helmut Lang black stretch leather leggings - on reviews, many say to size down.

Would those who own them recommend that I buy a US6? My patina leggings are quite roomy in the waist but as the leather is quite firm/ stiff, I felt the US8 would be the best fit for me.

Whereas if the leather leggings are quite buttery soft, I am thinking a US6 would fit me best?

Can anyone advise? I dont like waist to be too tight so wanted to know, if I got the US6, would the waist eventually stretch out - or would just the leather stretch so the elastic waist would always stay the same size?
The black leathers are a bit different from the patina because as you say the patina are a bit stiff.

Depending on your situation at the waist, I would size down to a US6. I am a 6 and could use a US4, except that I have 'muffintop' skin at the waist post-baby, no matter how much I exercise. So, although the leggings fit, they are just a tad loose around the hips now after about a season of not too many wears. (a dozen or so)

but the flip side is, if you don't wear them tight, the knees don't sag as much.

Hijacking this old thread, need advice from HL leather leggings owners!

I am late to the game I know...

I am between 0-2 in most designers, J Brand 25 with a comfortable fit and a little room.

I got HL leather leggings in size 0 (after reading all recommendations) and as I sit in them they feel skin -tights, especially around the knees, the waist is all good and hips are ok with some room on a stretch but close fit if normal. I want them to last many many years - do not want to ruin them! This is an investment piece that will get very frequent wear during winter.

Do you suggest keeping size 0 or going up to size 2? I have two HL leather skirts in size 2.

Hmmm. I've got about 4 pairs and they are all size 2 (I'm a 26-27 in jeans). MOST of them fit comfortably and snug enough. Although my black ones might be the most stretched out as they are a few years old, they aren't baggy at all. The odd ones are the red ones I got a few years ago (also in a 2)...they are obnoxiously tight, and I have to part with them. If you order them and the rest of the legging fits but the waist is loose, a better option is to get the waist taken in by a tailor.

any chance anybody knows the fit of the SS helmut lang leggings in lighter colours? Do they fit the same? How big is the difference (fit-wise) between 0 and 2?