Question for those who had their Gall Bladders removed

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had mine out the beginning of January and the gastroenterologist told me that it's not unusal to have diarrhea until your body adjusts. In the beginning I had diarrhea all the time...now I still have it but it's not every single time. Did you experience this and how long did it take for your body to adjust? All my doctors said I need no special diet.

2. Ah, what the hell, I won't be shy. Yes, I did have mine removed. I was sick as a dog like you describe for nearly a year!! :cursing: I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. If I had to go on a company "lunch or dinner outing" in a community car I would panic! It does eventually stop, but, I find that eating very small portions helps alot. The worst thing to do for me was to get to the point where I was starving and then eat too much. UGH! The worst! Hang in there, it will get better.

3. Thank you for sharing! I think you had it worse. I had it bad in the beginning and now it is slowly a little better. I try to eat brown rice to help out a little. It can be very uncomfortable - I was in Costco w/ my family and I got to tell you, I avoid that bathroom like the plague...now it's like home!
    I know it will get better b/c it has been very slowly.

4. Another one to raise my hand: I had my gallbladder removed 20 years ago and I still have to make friends with the bathroom from time to time :shame:

If I haven't been eating much and then have a high-fat meal - WHAM
    ... or onions
    ... or bell peppers

Good luck to you!!

5. I just got mine recently removed!

I still am trying to figure out what my body will handle and won't handle.... but so far it's the high fat foods.

BTW- I :heart: My George Foreman grill. It's been such a handy tool when I want a homemade cheese burger without all that extra grease!

6. I had mine out 8 or 9 years ago and don't recall if I had that issue right after or not.

7. Thanx for the responses guys - I guess it's just the nature of the beast. Hate some of the bathrooms I've had to make emergency pit stops in though.