Question for those of us who work 60+ hours a week...

I used to work 60+ hour weeks, but thank goodness I don't have to do that any more. Now I work around 45. But I try to go to bed at 10pm because I wake up at 6:30 to work out. I need to be in the office around 9:15am.

*raises hand*

~65 hours over here!

My schedule means I'm in bed at sometime around 1am, and up around 6:30am, give or take.

I catch catnaps when I can. The schedule is tough, but not as tough as it sounds. Once you get into the swing of things, it simply is what it is. When I was ill and stayed home one week, that taste of idleness was the death of me when I had to get back to work. UGH.

At least 80 hours for me.

I wake up for work around 5:15am, leave the house by 6:30am and start work at 7:45am. I always take a 25 minute cat-nap on the Metro when on my way to work. I usually don't leave work until 5:15pm, sometimes later if something critical is going on. However, most nights I am home around 6:30pm, at least for a little while until some nights, I head out again to run around or drive or pick up the kids from after school activities. Of course in between all this, I am constantly on the PF. Most nights, I do not even go to bed until around 11:30pm, and usually watch TV for awhile before falling asleep. It seems like I am always on the go. It was even worse when I was doing all this, and trying to finish up my Masters, but somehow I am used to my schedule.

I love the weekends when I can sleep-in, and do some catching up.

gasp. I personally cannot imagine working that many hours in a week! I only do 40 + part time school and I feel as if I don't have enough time for sleep or time with my man.

My social life has died... my BF and I work like 60+ hours per week and we hardly see each other.. I go to bed at like 11-12 midnight ish and hes out by like 11 because he has to wake up at 5 to take the train and subway into NYC (hes in finance) and rush hour is nuts..

I just spent the last 4 years in a job that I worked 60-70 hours per week. I also have a teen so I had very little desire to do anything else. I do require 7-8 hours a night of sleep so I basically came home from work and slept. Most nights I'm asleep at 10pm and up by 5 or 5:30am. On the weekends when I didn't work I was so beat physically and mentally that I did very little except see an occasional movie or shop (of course).

Now I have given up that job and taken the summer off to take care of everything around the house I neglected by working so much. I've also vowed to not work so many hours when I go back to work. From now on it's an 8 and skate for me!!!

I'm in a job that requires a lot of hours. 55 per week is standard, but this can easily increase to 60+ when busy. I have to admit I'm looking for a job with fewer hours!!!

In the meantime, I have to be in the office by 7:30 a.m. so I try to get to sleep by 10 p.m. Fortunately I can often take a long lunch and fit in a workout during the day. I save socialzing for the weekends. I get four weeks vacation with makes up for some of the long hours.

I think the key is to take care of yourself physically, but make sure you still have fun and stay connected with friends and family. Its' just a job.