Cartier thin small/Love bracelet thread

The sales in Sydney store told me today if you are 15, then 16/17 are all ok, but 16 is more fit, wile 17 is more comfortable.
My wrist is 17, and 18 is pretty fit for me. (ps, I am male)

hello everyone! I'm contemplating my first LOVE bracelet purchase.....and I have a question about the screw lock system on the newer thin bracelets.......are they easier to put on and take off? Do the screws come completely out? I'd love a pic of the screws out if possible.
I'll be purchasing online....my wrist is exactly 16.5 cm so I am leaning toward size 18. I will be stacking it with my Omega watch.
All opinions/comments greatly appreciated.

Hi there!

The screw does not come out and there is only one side that has a screw that locks. The other side has a hinge for the purpose of being able to put it on/off easier and by yourself. It doesn't screw shut the same way the classic love bracelet does, it's just a 90 degree turn that locks it into place. It feels very secure! I received my yellow gold thin love bracelet in the mail not long ago and I am so in love with it. :heart:

I ordered the 17 and it came on Monday. Although the fit was okay, I did not like the feel of the bracelet. It felt scratchy on the sides when it moved around my wrist. I currently wear a stack of a love cuff and a juste un clou. These bracelets feel wonderful and have felt wonderful from the first day. There is just something about the thin love that doesn't work for me. Back to the drawing board!

Hi everyone!!
I've been wanting the cartier love bracelet for years, but I could never justify spending that much on a jewellery item. Now that they came out with a new thin one, I'm very interested and will probably purchase by the end of this year (fingers crossed I can save up enough!!). I've been debating whether to get rose gold or white gold, and that's where I need your expertise! In the very beginning, I always wanted the white gold because all my jewellery is silver, and I didn't like mixing metals too much so white gold would match the best (I don't plan on taking it off, ever). Then, about a year ago, I bought the love ring in rose gold. I wear the ring on my right hand with my watch (silver), and nothing else. I've tried on the rose gold bracelet on my left hand alone and I love the look of it, but now I'm wondering if it's weird to have a rose gold accent on the left hand with all my silver jewellery and a rose gold ring on my right hand?? I haven't tried the white gold bracelet yet but I'm sure it would look fine since I wear all silver jewellery anyway. Would it be best to stick with white gold bracelet to match everything? Also, how does the white gold age? I usually see more rose/yellow gold bracelets on this thread and was just wondering if there's a reason behind white gold being less popular..

So sorry for the long post!! Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it! :heart:

Reactions: Namwan- and vcafans
Hi there! As for the mixing of metals, I don't think that's a problem. I wear a thin yellow gold Cartier love bracelet on my left wrist, I have rose gold earrings and silver earrings, and vary with silver Tiffany heart charm necklace and silver Tiffany ring on my right hand lol. I'm all over the map! So I don't think it would look weird at all especially because the rose gold ring would match beautifully, but it's up to what look you like :smile:

As for the white gold, I think many people (myself included) don't like how it becomes more gray/less shiny with age. Especially with the classic width, I think they end up looking pretty masculine and like stainless steel with the screws and gray metal. I think it also has to do with how iconic a yellow gold Cartier love bracelet is. I know that was the only option for me even though I wear a lot of silver jewelry :smile:

Last edited:
Hi everyone!!
I've been wanting the cartier love bracelet for years, but I could never justify spending that much on a jewellery item. Now that they came out with a new thin one, I'm very interested and will probably purchase by the end of this year (fingers crossed I can save up enough!!). I've been debating whether to get rose gold or white gold, and that's where I need your expertise! In the very beginning, I always wanted the white gold because all my jewellery is silver, and I didn't like mixing metals too much so white gold would match the best (I don't plan on taking it off, ever). Then, about a year ago, I bought the love ring in rose gold. I wear the ring on my right hand with my watch (silver), and nothing else. I've tried on the rose gold bracelet on my left hand alone and I love the look of it, but now I'm wondering if it's weird to have a rose gold accent on the left hand with all my silver jewellery and a rose gold ring on my right hand?? I haven't tried the white gold bracelet yet but I'm sure it would look fine since I wear all silver jewellery anyway. Would it be best to stick with white gold bracelet to match everything? Also, how does the white gold age? I usually see more rose/yellow gold bracelets on this thread and was just wondering if there's a reason behind white gold being less popular..

So sorry for the long post!! Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it! :heart:

You can get a thin love rhodium plated if you don't like the patina of WG (I hate the patina/grey color). A regular love is $200 to get it plated.

Go for WG if you want a more edgy look and RG if you like the sweet feminine look. YG is classic. Don't worry about mixing metals. It can all pull together. I think you should get RG because it looks so beautiful as a single love and will match with white metals easily while still standing out.

I don't like the plain WG either - it's just too grey. I much prefer the shiny rhodium-plated WG of the diamond Loves. I also love the plain YG and RG; and as others have said, RG is soft and feminine and YG is so iconic.

No worries about mixing metals. I used to worry abt that too, but soon got over it. :biggrin:

Thank you all for your replies! I tried on both today and still can't really decide.. please let me know what you think! (Unfortunately the lighting was dark in the store so they're not great pictures :sad:.. the brighter one is rose gold!)

The white gold was a lot darker than my silver jewellery.. I didn't expect that at all lol.. I'm assuming it just gets darker with time?

Attachments

• IMG_2181.JPG
    IMG_2181.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 4,774
  • IMG_2182.JPG
    IMG_2182.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 4,480
Reactions: Kindness3