Question for the Leather Experts

LvoesBags

Jun 19, 2012
I just want to ask before I jump on this tote...

I have been observing the semi annual sale and keep coming back to the Madsion Leather NS Tote (Silver/Black)... I remember when these were in stores, I never could find the black with silver hardware, nor did I want to pay the price.

I recently purchased a signature coated canvas bag that is a bit too much for my work/lifestyle...So now that I've seen this bag and my stores have it, I just wanted to get some thoughts on how this leather holds up with use?

I do have and love soft smoothly leather (Bleeker daily shoulder bags)...
I keep looking for a good tote that is useful for work/travel/everyday when needed.
So before I jump on this purchase, can anyone please share their experience with the. Madsion Leather? Would it hold up just as well as coated canvas??

Thank you for any thoughts :smile:

I've attached a pic of the tote that has my interest

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 384
I have the east/west version of this tote, and I have carried it daily for 6 months. So far, it has held up wonderfully. It got even more squishy with wear. It didn't seem to scuff as easily as smoother leathers either. I carried in all kinds of weather without trouble, so think it is pretty durable.

I hve two. Madison is great leather. No issues with my madison. Heck no issues wit any of my bags
Thank you and ever since I've seen your tote, it's made me want one even more :smile:

I have the east/west version of this tote, and I have carried it daily for 6 months. So far, it has held up wonderfully. It got even more squishy with wear. It didn't seem to scuff as easily as smoother leathers either. I carried in all kinds of weather without trouble, so think it is pretty durable.
So good to know!! Thank you..
I think leather is a bit more professional and yet it can be worn everyday.

I have the black/silver Madison Hobo with the same leather and it seems pretty much indestructible. I keep it conditioned and it's super soft. It will continue to soften with wear, too. If you're looking for a structured bag that will stand up on its own, this one isn't it. But if you're looking for a big puddle of lazy leathery goodness, you found it.

I just want to ask before I jump on this tote...

I have been observing the semi annual sale and keep coming back to the Madsion Leather NS Tote (Silver/Black)... I remember when these were in stores, I never could find the black with silver hardware, nor did I want to pay the price.

I recently purchased a signature coated canvas bag that is a bit too much for my work/lifestyle...So now that I've seen this bag and my stores have it, I just wanted to get some thoughts on how this leather holds up with use?

I do have and love soft smoothly leather (Bleeker daily shoulder bags)...
I keep looking for a good tote that is useful for work/travel/everyday when needed.
So before I jump on this purchase, can anyone please share their experience with the. Madsion Leather? Would it hold up just as well as coated canvas??

Thank you for any thoughts :smile:

I've attached a pic of the tote that has my interest
I have three of these totes, two E/W and most recently purchased midnight oak in the N/S.
I absolutely love the Madison leather . It has a slight sheen to it , looks classy and is lightweight and comfy to carry.
I have coated canvas totes also that I use for outdoor/park outings, etc... But for work these are great.
I also use a jumbo purse-to-go insert ( for more structure) in mine since they are soft and floppy.

Attachments

• totes 002 - Copy.JPG
    totes 002 - Copy.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 239
I have three of these totes, two E/W and most recently purchased midnight oak in the N/S.
I absolutely love the Madison leather . It has a slight sheen to it , looks classy and is lightweight and comfy to carry.
I have coated canvas totes also that I use for outdoor/park outings, etc... But for work these are great.
I also use a jumbo purse-to-go insert ( for more structure) in mine since they are soft and floppy.

Thank you! The midnight oak is gorgeous. I didn't see that color in my store. I do love the feel and look of the leather, and let's not forget the amazing smell. The Madison leather is gorgeous!!
I think I will also order a purse to go for days when I want a bit more structure.

Again, thank you for your thoughts :smile:

Thank you! The midnight oak is gorgeous. I didn't see that color in my store. I do love the feel and look of the leather, and let's not forget the amazing smell. The Madison leather is gorgeous!!
I think I will also order a purse to go for days when I want a bit more structure.

Again, thank you for your thoughts :smile:

Yes you will need insert for the NS tote for sure..I use insert in all my bags - I dont like digging.

I have the black/silver Madison Hobo with the same leather and it seems pretty much indestructible. I keep it conditioned and it's super soft. It will continue to soften with wear, too. If you're looking for a structured bag that will stand up on its own, this one isn't it. But if you're looking for a big puddle of lazy leathery goodness, you found it.
Thanks!! I've seen your hobo, and it is beautiful...I love your description lol, a big puddle of lazy leather goodness.:biggrin:
Love it!!:yes:
Thank you! :smile:

Snap that Madison tote up before it's gone. The black and silver is a great leather/hw combo.

The women I work with carry that tote - that is, a couple of them do, so I see it daily. It's a puddle of leathery goodness indeed. I want the Black Violet one!

Snap that Madison tote up before it's gone. The black and silver is a great leather/hw combo.

The women I work with carry that tote - that is, a couple of them do, so I see it daily. It's a puddle of leathery goodness indeed. I want the Black Violet one!

Thank you!! I'm going tonight or tomorrow :smile:
I have wanted the black leather with silver hardware for awhile now. It just seemed like they weren't available anywhere in my area, and I do not like ordering sight unseen.