Question for Stam owners

Jinsun

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I really want the Marc Jacobs Stam bag. I've tried it on a few times at Saks but I'm debating whether or not it's worth the money.

I do have a question on the kiss lock. Does the hardware on the lock start to rub off after a while cause it seems to be so tight (It's really hard opening and closing the lock).

Also, what's your opinions of the quilted vs patchwork?? I seem to like the quilted style more.....and also what color?

Thanks.

The hardware isn't coated, so you shouldn't have any problems with the hardware rubbing off. If anything, people have complained about scratches on the kisslock. I, myself have a huge scratch on mine, at least to my eyes. It doesn't bother me as much as it would others though.

I personally like the stam in quilted, but patchwork is starting to grow on me, but preferably on other styles, IMO.

There are tons of threads about stam colors, do a search and I'm sure you'll find one. Regular colors include a black and ivory color every season.

I carry a Black quilted stam and I LOVE it! I get soooo many compliments on it. I did have a hard time opeaning at first, but now I'm actually having the opposite problem of the bag opeaning on it's own. MJ is going to fix it though.
The leather is very durable. I've had it since October and it looks great! I personally perfer the quilting. Let us know what you decide.
:smile:

I have a black stam and it's definitely a beautiful bag, but for me the bag is just too heavy to carry around. I guess you can take the chain off, but it's still rather heavy!! If you like the design of quilted bags, personally I would suggest you to save up for a Chanel bag as it is timeless and much easier to take care of; However, if you love the bag, i'd go for it!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you end up scratching yours? Is it easy to scratch?
I have no idea how I scratched it, but I've heard that it's relatively easy to scratch, at least for the 05 version. I haven't heard the newer ones scratching as much.

I have a black stam and it's definitely a beautiful bag, but for me the bag is just too heavy to carry around. I guess you can take the chain off, but it's still rather heavy!! If you like the design of quilted bags, personally I would suggest you to save up for a Chanel bag as it is timeless and much easier to take care of; However, if you love the bag, i'd go for it!

I'd love to get a Chanel bag, but I love the look and shape of the MJ Stam. Besides, it's hard to shop online for a chanel bag. And I don't know what styles are out to choose from. The closest Chanel store is probably 6 hrs away in Virginia =(

^ If you like Chanel more than the MJ, then try searching thru the Chanel forum for pics of different styles. Girls are always posting up photos of their bags, and if there's anything you like, then you can call up the boutique or dept store and order over the phone.

I still like stam a lot though, I definitely think every girl should have one if they can!