Question for Speedy Owners

beautibabe

Jan 16, 2007
Does anyone know if all the LV gold embossed bolts on the speedy (the part where the leather connects to the sides of the bag) are suppose to be right-side up??

While admiring my Damier speedy today (that I just acquired last night!), I noticed that 3 out of the 4 bolts are right side up (saying Louis Vuitton), and the odd one was upside down (saying Vuitton Louis). I find that this bothers me a little :sweatdrop:

Has this happened to anyone else's bag(s)? Is this normal for them to not be all perfect?

Should I make an exchange for another?

I have never looked those bolts :upsidedown: But now I have my damier Speedy here, and only one of them is right side up!! Other ones are in different positions.

Funny :smile:

Does anyone know if all the LV gold embossed bolts on the speedy (the part where the leather connects to the sides of the bag) are suppose to be right-side up??

While admiring my Damier speedy today (that I just acquired last night!), I noticed that 3 out of the 4 bolts are right side up (saying Louis Vuitton), and the odd one was upside down (saying Vuitton Louis). I find that this bothers me a little :sweatdrop:

Has this happened to anyone else's bag(s)? Is this normal for them to not be all perfect?

Should I make an exchange for another?

:wtf: Wow. That's attention to detail!

Mine are all twisted, as well. Not a big deal, totally normal. If LV had to up quality control to fix every last rivet so it's right side up, a Speedy would cost $2K!

U know i never noticed that before! Just went to check my bag and mine are all over the place! LOL!!

I kind of like that. But if it bothers you, you should definitely try to find one that has them all right side up!!

p.s. love the smilies so cute!

IMHO? I don't think the orientation of the rivets is that important. It would be like walking around your house to make sure that the screws in every switchplate were all set so that the little edges where the screwdriver fits in were all in line. That's just too OCD for me. If they were misaligned, or the buckles were upside down (as mentioned on another LV thread re: a different bag,) or some other more obvious defect, I'd feel differently, but not over this. I can't imagine that there are even any bags out there with all the rivets facing perfectly in the same direction. Do let us know what they say if you pursue this!

beth - The swtichplate screws analogy is a little extreme. :sweatdrop: I saw it more as a single item appearing different from all the rest (imagine if just one of the LV's on the mono appeared upside down in contrast to the rest on the canvas). It'd stand out, no? Kind of makes you wonder what happened with this oddball. It was a bit of a strange sight, having all the rest right-side up. Of course, if all them had different orientations, then it wouldn't have been as apparent.

I just asked out of curiosity & because I don't have other speedies to compare it to. I hadn't planned on exchanging it. Just wanted to see if it this was normal & about other people's bags. :smile:

IMHO? I don't think the orientation of the rivets is that important. It would be like walking around your house to make sure that the screws in every switchplate were all set so that the little edges where the screwdriver fits in were all in line. That's just too OCD for me. If they were misaligned, or the buckles were upside down (as mentioned on another LV thread re: a different bag,) or some other more obvious defect, I'd feel differently, but not over this. I can't imagine that there are even any bags out there with all the rivets facing perfectly in the same direction. Do let us know what they say if you pursue this!

beautibabe, didn't mean to offend, sorry if I did. I just don't think this comes near the noticeability of having an upside-down LV where it shouldn't be (or any one of the other defects that have been mentioned on other threads.) That said, if it bugs you? Take it to the store and ask about it!:flowers:

beth - Oh no offense taken. No worries. I know what kind of defects you're referring to (ie. upside buckle) & I agree that they are more distinguishable & deserve more concern than the rivets I have described. Can't believe they slipped through LV's quality control though!!

beautibabe, didn't mean to offend, sorry if I did. I just don't think this comes near the noticeability of having an upside-down LV where it shouldn't be (or any one of the other defects that have been mentioned on other threads.) That said, if it bugs you? Take it to the store and ask about it!:flowers: