Question for Saumur owners.....

rainy1

O.G.
Dec 20, 2009
I am drawn to this bag.

It seems like a highly functional crossbody travel bag however the buckles throw me. Are they a giant pain in the @@@ to get in and out of? All my bags with the exception of 2 are open top and the ones that zip more often then not I leave open. I think the bag would potentially look sloppy staying unbuckled. I was honestly hoping that the buckle was cosmetic and had a magnetic snap under it :P Any advice good or bad? thx

I had this bag a few years ago, but sold it. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not the most functional bag for my lifestyle. I used to keep lesser used items in the back section and regular items in the front. The buckle didn't bother me - I got really good at opening and closing it quickly.

But, I found the bag heavy and it hurt my back. Odd for a canvas bag. Maybe I overfilled it, or maybe it's the weight of the extra vachetta and buckles.

The buckles aren't bad once you're familiar with them and they are excellent for keeping your things secure from pickpockets, but I'll be honest when I say it's not an ideal place to store a gun in the midst of a sudden zombie apocalypse

I had this bag a few years ago, but sold it. It wasn't terrible, but certainly not the most functional bag for my lifestyle. I used to keep lesser used items in the back section and regular items in the front. The buckle didn't bother me - I got really good at opening and closing it quickly.

But, I found the bag heavy and it hurt my back. Odd for a canvas bag. Maybe I overfilled it, or maybe it's the weight of the extra vachetta and buckles.

I can see where I may overfill it and cause it to be heavier then needed

The buckles aren't bad once you're familiar with them and they are excellent for keeping your things secure from pickpockets, but I'll be honest when I say it's not an ideal place to store a gun in the midst of a sudden zombie apocalypse

:roflmfao: you are too funny!
Honestly ..... I think I may be too lazy for this bag. I guess I will have to admire it from afar and keep my weapons accessible you know just in case...

I had the saumur and tried to like it but ended up selling it.....I didn't like you had to turn the purse to get to the other side compartment so I only used one side....I also didn't find it comfortable so I sold it...there aren't many LV bags I don't like but I was happy I sold it and I don't miss it..the buckles seemed pretty easy to use....

I had the saumur and tried to like it but ended up selling it.....I didn't like you had to turn the purse to get to the other side compartment so I only used one side....I also didn't find it comfortable so I sold it...there aren't many LV bags I don't like but I was happy I sold it and I don't miss it..the buckles seemed pretty easy to use....

Thank you , I think it would be a hassle at the end of the day. I am trying very hard to really research and not impulse buy which usually leads to regret. But I really do love the look of it.

Reactions: bag345addict
I had one and while I loved the styling the vachetta buckle strap always drove me crazy because of where it was placed in the middle of the bag. I wear jeans and dark pants almost daily and it always seemed to rub exactly on the vachetta buckle strap and was forever being stained by my clothes. I found myself having to clean the vachetta constantly.

Reactions: bag345addict
I had one and while I loved the styling the vachetta buckle strap always drove me crazy because of where it was placed in the middle of the bag. I wear jeans and dark pants almost daily and it always seemed to rub exactly on the vachetta buckle strap and was forever being stained by my clothes. I found myself having to clean the vachetta constantly.
I have the same issue with my black levis! I thought it might be a problem with my jeans [emoji85] But since it's a prelovef bag I don't mind it that much!