Question for Ikat Neverfull Owners

mrs.JC

LV and Let LV
O.G.
Jun 18, 2010
Hi there. I am looking to add a Monogram to my Neverfull collection (I have a DE and DA). I was considering buying a preloved Ikat Neverfull (the light pink one) when a reasonably priced one became available, but I read somewhere that LV cannot repair straps/piping when they inevitably start to show wear because the leather colors can't be replicated.

My questions are:

1) Has this been your experience?

2) How has your Ikat Neverfull held up? How often do you use it, do you baby it, etc?

3) Am I better off getting a classic Neverfull or possibly a World Tour for the black vachetta? Are there other options I'm overlooking for Mono Neverfulls?

TIA :flowers:

Hi there. I am looking to add a Monogram to my Neverfull collection (I have a DE and DA). I was considering buying a preloved Ikat Neverfull (the light pink one) when a reasonably priced one became available, but I read somewhere that LV cannot repair straps/piping when they inevitably start to show wear because the leather colors can't be replicated.

My questions are:

2) How has your Ikat Neverfull held up? How often do you use it, do you baby it, etc?

3) Am I better off getting a classic Neverfull or possibly a World Tour for the black vachetta? Are there other options I'm overlooking for Mono Neverfulls?

I had the blue in both GM and MM. I was told they cannot be repaired. I loved that bag so much and it was painful to let it go. The GM went back right away with chipping on the trim. We thought that the MM might be better because I wouldn't cinch it. But it eventually started chipping as well. Some people have had the glazing melt, but mine didn't do that. I used it for store credit for another bag but honestly sometimes I wish I had kept it. I don't think any of the limited Neverfulls have been nearly as pretty since that series.

Reactions: mrs.JC
I had the blue in both GM and MM. I was told they cannot be repaired. I loved that bag so much and it was painful to let it go. The GM went back right away with chipping on the trim. We thought that the MM might be better because I wouldn't cinch it. But it eventually started chipping as well. Some people have had the glazing melt, but mine didn't do that. I used it for store credit for another bag but honestly sometimes I wish I had kept it. I don't think any of the limited Neverfulls have been nearly as pretty since that series.

Both experiences sound horrible and I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I get very attached to my bags, so I know that would've broken my heart...

I agree! The Ikat was the prettiest LE NF. The only other LE I like is the Kabuki one, but those always sell for $2,500+ and unlike most of the Neverfulls I don't think it matches everything because of the edginess. :sad:

To answer the second part of your question, I would either stick with the classic Neverfull or if you do decide to get a World Tour (I do love the black trim) I would limit to one stamp. I made the mistake of getting several on my Speedy and honestly I don't reach for it very often. I wish I had only gone with one simple stamp. I was super annoyed that after having many of my bags recalled I asked to get a Speedy WT with no stamps and they wouldn't do it. I know that a lot of people have asked. You would think they would offer it that way.

Reactions: mrs.JC
I have returned mine long time ago.. one month after purchase, the bag “melted” and can’t be repair. I love Ikat, but really give me headache at that time. So better to avoid this bag. You can get world tour neverfull with black strap. The new zodiac stamp is so cute.

My questions are:

Hi!

I own the Ikats. The most used is the GM Rose Velour. I never has any issue with the melting until about 3 years ago. The Rose Indien MM melted first. Then the others. I’m pretty sure I had a complete breakdown. ‍

I was originally told that they could not be repaired as it was a known defect. That is incorrect. If you have the receipt and want it repaired the store will send it for repair as long as they still have the pieces. All of mine have been replaced and I have the repair slips. No charge.

The Ikat was the most beautiful Neverfull imo.

I would only buy an Ikat if someone can give you the receipt.

I do not own the world tour Because I don’t like the stickers.

I would consider the mon mono in GM and pick your colors. They always do the MM in limited/seasonal collections.

I’ll look for a pic of my ikats. I know they are in the Neverfull clubhouse.

Last edited:
I have both the rose Indien and the grand blue. Both started to soften a bit. LV replaced the straps on both of mine. That was about 1.5-2 years ago. No problem with either since. However, they did say they will take them back whenever I am ready to part with them. Next time they melt I guess that will be it. I don't carry them much. Maybe 2 x month each for a few months then they rest for awhile. I am very careful with all my bags and don't cinch either of those. I would say it is only worth it if you can either get confirmation they could repair or the price is cheap. I'm sure that one will eventually have issues too.

Hi!

I own the Ikats. The most used is the GM Rose Velour. I never has any issue with the melting until about 3 years ago. The Rose Indien MM melted first. Then the others. I’m pretty sure I had a complete breakdown. ‍

I was originally told that they could not be repaired as it was a known defect. That is incorrect. If you have the receipt and want it repaired the store will send it for repair as long as they still have the pieces. All of mine have been replaced and I have the repair slips. No charge.

I would consider the mon mono in GM and pick your colors. They always do the MM in limited/seasonal collections.

Wow, lucky you! I'm a little sad now because I was definitely told by my store they could not be repaired. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask in your area.

Reactions: Meesh202 and mrs.JC
I had my Rose Velours GM repaired last year because of the melting straps and they didn't ask for a receipt or anything. The edges seem to be of better quality now when replaced and I was very happy they still had parts for it. I did hear from the SA that they quarantee that they have parts for 10 years for LE items. After that they won't keep them available and when they run out they run out.

Hi!