Question for Chanel Python-ers

snowjade

**waving at you**
O.G.
Oct 19, 2009
Anyone experience scale lift? If so, what glue do you use to keep the scales intact? I've got several areas on my tote where the scales are lifting...but just slightly...but there are sooo many though!! I'll go nuts! I just treated it with melatonian...and it looks beautiful, but it doesn't help the scales to lie flat. Any advice or tips? TIA!!

Anyone experience scale lift? If so, what glue do you use to keep the scales intact? I've got several areas on my tote where the scales are lifting...but just slightly...but there are sooo many though!! I'll go nuts! I just treated it with melatonian...and it looks beautiful, but it doesn't help the scales to lie flat. Any advice or tips? TIA!!

I didn't use nothing on my python. My SA ask me to let the python age gracefully...

Am I suppose to do something abt it?

Lock-tight I believe is the name of the glue and it's available or was at Home Depot. Put a dab on a cardboard, paper and use a toothpick to pick up some glue and apply it to the underside of the lifted scale and press down on the scale. Less is more in the sense you don't want to press down and see glue oozing out past the scale.

I haven't had to do this yet with mine but I did research what to do because lifting will occur. To leave the scales alone risks having it catch and rip off entirely. If that happens there is nothing that can be done to fix it. This is one case where an ounce of prevention is worth the pound of cure and a bucket o'cash as these babies have skyrocketed in price as we all know.

If you are uneasy about doing this, send the purse in for spa but it is best to inspect and attend to the lifters as they occur. There is also designed reptile cleaners but I haven't purchased as yet (probably should tho).

I've used glue gell and apply with a toothpick on the bigger scales mostly. I did this about a year ago and so far so good.

Like Judy mentioned above, you want to go light on the glue. I have one scale where I applied a little too much glue (see pics below) but it's difficult to tell.

Attachments

• 11-16-2010 044.jpg
    11-16-2010 044.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 247
  • 11-16-2010 046.jpg
    11-16-2010 046.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 248
A tPFer recommended this in the CL area, and I think it's an awesome idea. After you use conditioner on it, place your shoes (or bag in this case) in the leg of a nylon (as in hosiery) and let set overnight.