Question for "blingy" strass/crystal bag owners

Do you think the special strass/crystal covered bags are worth the splurge?

• Yes I own one and love it

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • No I bought one but regret the purchase

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They are gorgeous but too pricey

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Too blingy for my taste regardless of price

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Newbie2016

Nov 15, 2016
The strass/crystal covered bags aren't for everyone and and are also super pricey. However...some do look gorgeous. I am curious to know if people who bought these kept them and were happy with their purchase over time.
If you let them go or regret the purchase I would love to know why..

Reactions: Glitterbomb
I love Chanel strass. The designs/patterns/colors are always so gorgeous. I have kept every single strass bag I've ever been lucky enough to own and never regretted any of them. I have nearly a dozen of these kinds of bags. They are definitely very expensive. Some of the strass bags I own I found on the preloved market in pristine condition for 50% off retail, which I have noticed tends to be the trend for Chanel strass. If you think you'll be able to wait for your dream strass bag to pop up on the preloved market, then I would try to do so. You can save a LOT of money. There's nothing quite like the thrill of buying a bag that retailed for $12,000 for $6,000 just a couple seasons later. One time I found an incredible deal of a bag that retailed for $18,000 for $5,000 on ebay (and yes it was authentic and in pristine condition with tags).

As for how they have hold up over time, I've had some issues with them, but nothing that would make me avoid strass in the future and nothing out of the ordinary for handbags in general:

A strass WOC I was gifted back in 2012 iirc (actually my very first Chanel) had the strap break...it was easily fixed, tbh I fixed it myself with a bit of glue because I don't like waiting 3 months for a bag repair.

One strass bag that I purchased preloved had one crystal start to come off (this may sound scary, but only ONE crystal having to be glued back on out of all the strass bags I have is not bad at all). I fixed it myself with a bit of jewelry glue. Again, I am not one for waiting months for a bag repair :P

I ended up exchanging another strass bag from 20B that I recently purchased for another one of the same style/color because I wasn't happy with the structure of the original one I had. I haven't had this problem until recently, but in my opinion the quality of Chanel has definitely gone downhill. Try to see any bag you are going to buy in person, if possible, or if that isn't possible then make sure that you'll be able to return/exchange in case there are any structural issues.

All in all, they are gorgeous and very expensive bags...definite show-stoppers. If you love one, I would go for it!

I love Chanel strass. The designs/patterns/colors are always so gorgeous. I have kept every single strass bag I've ever been lucky enough to own and never regretted any of them. I have nearly a dozen of these kinds of bags. They are definitely very expensive. Some of the strass bags I own I found on the preloved market in pristine condition for 50% off retail, which I have noticed tends to be the trend for Chanel strass. If you think you'll be able to wait for your dream strass bag to pop up on the preloved market, then I would try to do so. You can save a LOT of money. There's nothing quite like the thrill of buying a bag that retailed for $12,000 for $6,000 just a couple seasons later. One time I found an incredible deal of a bag that retailed for $18,000 for $5,000 on ebay (and yes it was authentic and in pristine condition with tags).

As for how they have hold up over time, I've had some issues with them, but nothing that would make me avoid strass in the future and nothing out of the ordinary for handbags in general:

A strass WOC I was gifted back in 2012 iirc (actually my very first Chanel) had the strap break...it was easily fixed, tbh I fixed it myself with a bit of glue because I don't like waiting 3 months for a bag repair.

One strass bag that I purchased preloved had one crystal start to come off (this may sound scary, but only ONE crystal having to be glued back on out of all the strass bags I have is not bad at all). I fixed it myself with a bit of jewelry glue. Again, I am not one for waiting months for a bag repair :P

I ended up exchanging another strass bag from 20B that I recently purchased for another one of the same style/color because I wasn't happy with the structure of the original one I had. I haven't had this problem until recently, but in my opinion the quality of Chanel has definitely gone downhill. Try to see any bag you are going to buy in person, if possible, or if that isn't possible then make sure that you'll be able to return/exchange in case there are any structural issues.

All in all, they are gorgeous and very expensive bags...definite show-stoppers. If you love one, I would go for it!

Thanks so much for your detailed reply! You must have quite the collection.