Question for Artsy owners and I promise that it's not about the handle

peachylv

O.G.
Apr 15, 2011
Hello Artsy owners. My plan is to purchase the Mono Artsy MM toward the end of January because that is when I will be able to afford it. It doesn't look like I will be able to buy it prior to the price increase, but I worked a price increase into my budget just in case anyway, so while it is an annoyance, it's not a problem. Do you think it is still worth the money with a price increase or would you absolutely not pay more for it than the current price? I'm asking owners because you've had real life experience with the bag instead of living in dreamland like me. :smile:

Because a price increase is only a few weeks away, supposedly, I think you should just get it now instead of waiting until after. Will a few weeks make that much a difference to your bank account? If you put it on a credit card then you wouldn't get the bill until next month anyway. If you are planning to pay with a debit card, than I can understand a bit, but maybe consider credit card instead and then pay it all off in a month. I bought the bag when it first came out at I believe $1400. What is it now? $1700? Probably will be $1900 or so next month. Honestly, I'd just wanna pay as low as I can get it for and because like I said, we are talking only weeks, just try and purchase now if you can :smile: Good luck!

If what you are asking is if we think it's worth a higher price or not...I say yes. I get more compliments on my Artsy than any other bag. It's a beautiful fuctional bag. I've had mine for more than a year now and I try carrying other shoulder bags (Cabas Mezzo, BH, a few Prada & Gucci bags) and I always return to my trusty old Artsy. With all the pockets for organization, the beautiful handle (which I keep protected with mink oil), the feet on the bottom to protect it, and the fact that it is large enough to throw in my lunch and a change of shoes makes it worth more than what I paid! To me my Artsy MM is priceless!

What a truly excellent question! With any bag I want I put a maximum price I will spend on it anticipating the inevitable price increase. This is based on desire, material, function, mass appeal, etc. My Artsy MM is in heavy rotation and I just love her! I would say that she is definitely worth at least one more increase. You should get her and don't look back!:tup:

Yes, I think it's worth the higher price ( if you can afford it .) I was saving for a new one back when they were $1200 for the MM . Then they raised the price again and again . So I kept on saving and eventually found a preowned one ( at a reputable online reseller) for $1195. This was last June . I do love my artsy !

If what you are asking is if we think it's worth a higher price or not...I say yes. I get more compliments on my Artsy than any other bag. It's a beautiful fuctional bag. I've had mine for more than a year now and I try carrying other shoulder bags (Cabas Mezzo, BH, a few Prada & Gucci bags) and I always return to my trusty old Artsy. With all the pockets for organization, the beautiful handle (which I keep protected with mink oil), the feet on the bottom to protect it, and the fact that it is large enough to throw in my lunch and a change of shoes makes it worth more than what I paid! To me my Artsy MM is priceless!

This does answer my question! Thanks! It is worth more to me. I just wanted to hear if it was for people who already have the purse.

What a truly excellent question! With any bag I want I put a maximum price I will spend on it anticipating the inevitable price increase. This is based on desire, material, function, mass appeal, etc. My Artsy MM is in heavy rotation and I just love her! I would say that she is definitely worth at least one more increase. You should get her and don't look back!:tup:

Thanks mammabyrdie! :smile: I put a maximum price on bags as well. I have loved the Artsy since I first saw her. I figure that it is now or never, but I am willing to put up with one more price increase if I have to.