Question for Anna Sui Fleur De Lis Duffles

sthrncin

I Love Soft Leather!
May 4, 2012
I know there are a good many here that still own and use their Anna Sui Fleur de Lis duffles. Can you tell me if the leather softens and gets more supple with age and use? I had the dragonfly and I know it did, but the other one seems like a different leather. Thanks for all your input!!:smile:

I don't carry mine very often but I do think the handle has softened somewhat. The body of the bag seems about the same as when I bought it, so far. Hope this helps. I love this bag. : )

I got my FDL from FOS in August 2013 and started using it DAILY from Oct to May this year. (I'm doing way better rotating my bags now :P). During that time she headed out with me at least twice a day taking kids to/from school and all the shopping trips. It gets bang around alot. One time I was running I tripped over an exposes tree root, I slide with the bag under me, leaving deep marks on her. Eventually with use those marks somehow are hardly noticeable now.

Okay here I just took some pics of her.
1. Front view.
2. Suspended.
3.She's pretty flexible!
4. She can still stand up easily on her sides, unassisted.

So yeah it does get soften and supple with use, but doesn't slouch much on the top edge coz the top and sides are reinforced with the extra details.

Attachments

• IMG_0345.JPG
    IMG_0345.JPG
    355.6 KB · Views: 440
  • IMG_0346.JPG
    IMG_0346.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 416
  • IMG_0347.JPG
    IMG_0347.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0348.JPG
    IMG_0348.JPG
    411.1 KB · Views: 404
Last edited:
I got my FDL from FOS in August 2013 and started using it DAILY from Oct to May this year. (I'm doing way better rotating my bags now :P). During that time she headed out with me at least twice a day taking kids to/from school and all the shopping trips. It gets bang around alot. One time I was running I tripped over an exposes tree root, I slide with the bag under me, leaving deep marks on her. Eventually with use those marks somehow are hardly noticeable now.

1. Front view.

2. Suspended.

3.She's pretty flexible!

So yeah it does get soften and supple with use, but doesn't slouch much on the top edge coz the top and sides are reinforced with the extra details.

Thanks! Great info and thanks for the pictures. She still looks great!

1. Front view.
2. Suspended.
3.She's pretty flexible!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! This bag looks even more gorgeous 'broke in'. That's how really great leather behaves; it looks better with age and use.

1. Front view.
2. Suspended.
3.She's pretty flexible!

Still looks stunning. :cool: