Question for all the Birkin users about the lock

Yea it's wonderfully complicated with a lock on I only use it when I want it to be locked and truthfully I fin the bag to be heavier and affected by the lock.the smily face effect and the general look is just not great for me !

After reading about the lock smiley effect I think that shouldn't be on the bag unless it needs to be locked. However there seems to be conflicting opinions on the keys and clochette.

I didnt know about the smiley issue until I experienced it on mine, and ever since then locks and clochettes have been placed in their little dustbags and never used..

Thank you for your help.

Your welcome dear, I posted a pick on another thread of how I add my lock to the Birkin although normally I leave it off and have a leather charm hanging off one of the handles instead. You need to be a bit careful about hanging it off the clochette as the leather can rip easliy due the weight or if it gets caught so I double wrap the clochette around the handle as below and it stops the lock banging about on the leather too where it would leave a mark HTH!

Attachments

• DSCF0965.JPG
    DSCF0965.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 282
I put mine on the turnlock, and I put the turnlock in the vertical position. That way, the lock doesn't rub against the leather. I don't put very much into the bag, so the leather doesn't get all that close to the lock.