Question for all of you that took swingpacks to Disney...

If you are staying at a Disney resort, I recommend having purchases run through your resort card. That way you can take one card for everything and get a little lanyard to wear around...no bags, no swingpacks. A wristlet or swingpack is good for Downtown Disney, but at the parks it is better to be hands-free. I don't think you will necessarily ruin a bag (although you do get wet on some rides and we were in a torrential downpour at one of the parks--it rains a LOT), but it's just a pain if you don't have to carry a bunch of stuff. Leave the phone at the hotel...you won't be able to hear it anyway!

I went to Disney this summer and brought a wristlet with me. It unclipped the strap and looped it around my belt loop so I wouldn't have to hold it, it was perfect for me.

I'm not big on bringing a lot of stuff with me, so it held just the right amount I needed. I kept my digi cam, an ID and my resort key/park ticket card. I think I might have also shoved a chapstick in it also. I didn't bring my cell with me to the parks, but for Downtown Disney I just put it in my pocket.

I liked having the wristlet b/c it kept my hands free and I felt secure with it there and didn't worry about losing it or leaving it somewhere b/c it was literally attached to me.

I do the swingpack thing. It was great for a trip to Busch Gardens this past May. I borrowed a plastic bag from one of the shops to put it in for the water rides. Worked Perfectly.
I have tried a small backpack before, but I am so paranoid that someone will get into it and I wouldn't know. Swingpacks are a better idea for me. Love the Hands free and they don't get in the way when you strap into the roller coaster seat.
I went clubbing once with a wristlet, that worked ok. I looped it though my pants belt loop, but it kinda flung around when I was dancing or even walking. So I ended up holding it. Not so sure it would be any more comforable for a theme park.