Question for 04 bag owners!

1. Hi guys, i have a question for you.. Did any of you buy your 04 bags brand new? First owner never used?

I am curious as to what these soft mushy wonderful leather bags were like when purchased new. I own one, but mine was loved to death and broken in before i got her, and i always wondered if she had more structure and was stiffer when she was brand spanken new,
    or were these bags always more slouchy and soft.

thanks so much!!

t
    :smile:

2. I bought my pistachio first new, and it was soft and slouchy from the start. I think it is even more so now, but it definitely had great leather when it was new as well.

3. thanks fasion junky... thats what i thought. its funny that you were the one to answer my question. your wonderful collection is one of the many great collections that inspired me!:heart:

its funny, i had so many opportunities to buy new bags back in 2001-2004 but i was starting my business with my husband back then, and we sunk all our money into it to get it off the ground.

now that we have a bit of financial success, i have been trying to find and purchase all the bags that i wanted to buy back then, but the competition is so great on eBay, i keep loosing auctions left and right. and the prices are just getting so high.

some girls talk about the new bags breaking in really well, and i do believe they will soften and get better with time and use and love, but the 04 bags just had a velvet feel to them that is just not in the newer bags. Sounds like they felt velvety even brand new, so its not a break in issue.

thanks for answering my question!

t

ps.. if you ever loose your mind and feel the need to find new homes for your bags... i would cherish them!!!

:heart:

4. I bought mine previously loved so I can't say what it was like new :sad:

5. I think one of the "signs" of a real balanciaga back then was that it was soft and slouchy and couldn't hold it's shape....probably new it was just a little shinier.

6. Yeah, while the new leather is nice when it is broken in - I still say the older leather can not compare, there is just SUCH a difference in my experience!

7. so so true.. just a different experience. thanks to you guys, i am now the owner of 5 bbags... oh good lord....
    and only one, my ink city is the 06 leather. its cool and all, but i just dont get the same thrill when carrying it as i do the others. i guess its cause i am in new york and everyday i see girls with bags. but either new bags, or horrid fakes. i have yet to see a girl with an older bag like a seafoam.. i did see linsey lohan with an 04 rose a couple of weeks ago, but she does not count!! hers are loaner bags!:biggrin:

8. ^^ opps.. i meant 04 lilac.. linsey had that one when i saw her.. i think thats why those auctions went wild

9. Toni, I agree - I also have one newer bag (fall '05) and the rest of mine are from 2001-2004, there is just something SO special about those that really make my knees weak!

10. Oh Lord what I would give to be an 04' owner!

11. What's the news on that turquoise kimmie?

12. Give me about 5 min. and I'll let ya know:graucho:

13. oooooooo good luck!

14. so i guess that was the purpose of asking the original question of this thread. if i break in a new bag.. really break it in.. it will never really be as soft as an 04 bag, cause what i am learning is that even when brand new, the 04 bags had a certain softness unique to them.

15. This is very accurate - the main thing I loved when I bought my 2004 bags new back then was the extreme slouch and softness - at that time it was the best way you could tell an authentic one from a fake. BUT, the older ones really didn't have any shine to speak of, even when new - they were truly a matte finish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice