Question: Coach Reading Glasses/Frames

Jul 7, 2009
Hi everyone! I'm an occasional glasses-wearer, using them mostly for driving and to see long-distance (movie theater, in class, etc.). I've been thinking about getting designer glasses for a little while, but I have no idea where to go for it since I've gotten my prescriptions at JCPenneys for the past 7 or so years.

Does anyone have any Coach reading frames? If so, then what are the best optical places for purchasing them for the best bargain? And is there anything in particular I need to know? Thanks!

I checked out the Coach style that I wanted at a large store and they were around $30, but I was able to get the frames and case on eBay for less than half of that. I then had the lenses put in locally. Of course, if you go that route you will need to know the size of your frames.

I checked out the Coach style that I wanted at a large store and they were around $30, but I was able to get the frames and case on eBay for less than half of that. I then had the lenses put in locally. Of course, if you go that route you will need to know the size of your frames.

Off topic, but I saw $30 and made this face: :nuts: LOL

Thanks for the advice, and great question, OP! I've been wondering the same.

I have regular eyeglasses. I usually go to my optometrist and order my primary pair using my insurance. Secondary pairs - I find a frame and style I like, note the size, then look online for good deals. I usually look around smaller, independent stores for my frames.

BF found an awesome pair of Brooks Brothers frames at Lenscrafters but they were charging a quite a bit. We went online and found his frames for almost 1/3 of the price (from a legitimate site) then had Costco put in lenses.

Yes, this is my field. Coach has several varity of glases/frames and they are amazing and very well made.. I just love mine. You can see it in my Album... All my local opitcals carry it and they have a good price point..

I have the Aurora frame, and love it. They don't get all loose, and the plastic is thick. I got mine about 3 years ago, couldn't tell you what I paid, but they've last forever. I wear them a lot too.

I have a pair that I just got from Bj's. I have pics under my collection. I purchased the frames and lenses for $120. there and they are really cute. I wear contacts most of the time but wear these when I don't feel like wearing my contacts.

I have only seen Coach glasses locally at Costco. Only advice I can give you is that do not go to Pearl Vision. They over charge you on lenses...sadly I experience it for myself:sad:

I have Coach glasses. Got them at Costco and the cost wasn't too bad. I think the frames were about $150 I wanna say? I'm pretty sure I spent around $230 with the glass.

Last edited:
I got mine at Eye Mart Express. I want to say the frame was about $85. I know that several discount optical stores sell designer frames for a lot less than the more well-known stores like Lens Crafters. The names of the discount stores vary by region, I think.