Question: Coach Reading Glasses/Frames

Jul 7, 2009
Northern Va
Hi everyone! I'm an occasional glasses-wearer, using them mostly for driving and to see long-distance (movie theater, in class, etc.). I've been thinking about getting designer glasses for a little while, but I have no idea where to go for it since I've gotten my prescriptions at JCPenneys for the past 7 or so years.

Does anyone have any Coach reading frames? If so, then what are the best optical places for purchasing them for the best bargain? And is there anything in particular I need to know? Thanks!

Jun 10, 2008
Canada
I checked out the Coach style that I wanted at a large store and they were around $30, but I was able to get the frames and case on eBay for less than half of that. I then had the lenses put in locally. Of course, if you go that route you will need to know the size of your frames.

CoachieCoo

Jun 27, 2009
I checked out the Coach style that I wanted at a large store and they were around $30, but I was able to get the frames and case on eBay for less than half of that. I then had the lenses put in locally. Of course, if you go that route you will need to know the size of your frames.
Off topic, but I saw $30 and made this face: :nuts: LOL

Thanks for the advice, and great question, OP! I've been wondering the same.

mandabear

O.G.
Oct 29, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
I have regular eyeglasses. I usually go to my optometrist and order my primary pair using my insurance. Secondary pairs - I find a frame and style I like, note the size, then look online for good deals. I usually look around smaller, independent stores for my frames.

BF found an awesome pair of Brooks Brothers frames at Lenscrafters but they were charging a quite a bit. We went online and found his frames for almost 1/3 of the price (from a legitimate site) then had Costco put in lenses.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
Yes, this is my field. Coach has several varity of glases/frames and they are amazing and very well made.. I just love mine. You can see it in my Album... All my local opitcals carry it and they have a good price point..

buttercup784eve

No wire hangers!
May 13, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I have the Aurora frame, and love it. They don't get all loose, and the plastic is thick. I got mine about 3 years ago, couldn't tell you what I paid, but they've last forever. I wear them a lot too.

chuckster1

Living The Dream
Aug 10, 2009
Ohio
I have the 535 Aurora Tortoise 54 and love them. I think you can get a pair on eBay for around $40 to $80. they are the best set of glasses I've ever onwned.

Mar 26, 2009
Bel Air, Maryland
I have a pair that I just got from Bj's. I have pics under my collection. I purchased the frames and lenses for $120. there and they are really cute. I wear contacts most of the time but wear these when I don't feel like wearing my contacts.

colabear1

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
PA
I have only seen Coach glasses locally at Costco. Only advice I can give you is that do not go to Pearl Vision. They over charge you on lenses...sadly I experience it for myself:sad:

TishaMoon

Aug 10, 2009
So Cal
I have Coach glasses. Got them at Costco and the cost wasn't too bad. I think the frames were about $150 I wanna say? I'm pretty sure I spent around $230 with the glass.

Last edited:

krislynne

O.G.
Mar 19, 2009
I got mine at Eye Mart Express. I want to say the frame was about $85. I know that several discount optical stores sell designer frames for a lot less than the more well-known stores like Lens Crafters. The names of the discount stores vary by region, I think.