Question: Chanel Jumbo/Big Flap - a first time buyer

Fred5

Jul 19, 2010
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Chanel Jumbo (Big) flap bag, in Caviar material for my niece. It's black and gold. I was at Saks yesterday in NYC, and they told me that if I opened an account, I would save 10% on the Chanel purchase.

I did some researching here and someone said they carry Chanel purses at the Bloomingdales in NYC. I have not called yet to check. Recently, someone posted that once or twice a month, bloomingdales gives a 15% discount for opening an account, and that includes Chanel purses. Can anyone verify this?

If I were to open an account, I would do so solely for the bag and pay it off immediately. I may not use the card again.

I know 10-15% may seem insignificant, but why spend that money when it can be avoided? Would anyone bother to do this or is it too much hassle?

Thank you in advance!
Fred

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm interested in purchasing a Chanel Jumbo (Big) flap bag, in Caviar material for my niece. It's black and gold. I was at Saks yesterday in NYC, and they told me that if I opened an account, I would save 10% on the Chanel purchase.

I did some researching here and someone said they carry Chanel purses at the Bloomingdales in NYC. I have not called yet to check. Recently, someone posted that once or twice a month, bloomingdales gives a 15% discount for opening an account, and that includes Chanel purses. Can anyone verify this?

If I were to open an account, I would do so solely for the bag and pay it off immediately. I may not use the card again.

I know 10-15% may seem insignificant, but why spend that money when it can be avoided? Would anyone bother to do this or is it too much hassle?

Thank you in advance!
Fred
yes it is
Actually, the 15% is normal discount. they run promotion few times a year (I think one every 1-2 months or so), the 20% is accountable if you are good with numbers like me :P

call ewrin at Bloomingdales in SCP, she will tell you when that 20% happens again.

Last edited:
Yes, Bloomingdale's is just done with their 15% discount last weekend, but it will run again on July 25. Chanel items will be included in the 15% off discount if you want.

I would bother to do this, the money saved is a lot! The upcoming 20% discount, according to the pattern, will happen in September. So what I did was to get it at the current old price with 15% off, I think that's good enough for me :smile: Compared to getting 20% off in September but from the increased price.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Yes, Bloomingdale's is just done with their 15% discount last weekend, but it will run again on July 25. Chanel items will be included in the 15% off discount if you want.

I would bother to do this, the money saved is a lot! The upcoming 20% discount, according to the pattern, will happen in September. So what I did was to get it at the current old price with 15% off, I think that's good enough for me :smile: Compared to getting 20% off in September but from the increased price.

Good luck!

Are you sure they will have the 15% again on July 25th? It seems really soon after the one this weekend. I am hopeful, though :biggrin:

How do you open an account and get the discount over the phone?

You can open the account through Bloomies' website, and you will get automatic approval/disapproval. It will also tell you your new account number at the end, and when you make the purchase over the phone or in the store, you just tell the SA your new account number.