question about wellies...from the fashion-challenged!

Madinat

O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
hey there tpf-ers. i have seen wellies around for years and thought they were cute but am not too sure how to wear them. do you treat them like a coat/jacket and use them for wet weather, changing once you reach your destination?

tia guys!

I always wondered this, too... though I would bring or carry a spare pair of shoes. Only exception would be if I'm going to be in the rain a lot, and indoors for a short period of time. (shopping, market)

I just bought a pair - are these wellies? If so I'm planning on wearing them with skinnies and a nice sweater/ coat when it rains...and I have no plans to change out of them once I get to my destination
:tup:

Attachments

• MKorsBoots.jpg
    MKorsBoots.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 55
I have a pair of Burberry wellies for really rainy days--but I always change into work shoes before I head into the office. I will, however, wear skinny jeans tucked into wellies on rainy fall days

I have a pair of black Hunter wellies that I wear when it's raining or snowing (the snow in NYC turns into black slush quite quickly). I change out of them when I get to school. I carry a pair of flats with me so I can stick them in my bag without the bulge. I hate that my feet are sweating inside (even with socks or stockings). I think it's the material of the wellies.

I have black wellies that I wear into the office, and change as soon as I arrive. We get a lot of puddles and slush in NYC, so they are great for that. But I would never wear them at work - if were raining and I were out and about with friends, that is a a different story.

Rains a lot in the Bay Area. I had a cute pair of target boots (blue/green stripes) but I just had to go and get Pucci wellies. I'm only a high school student so I tromp around them all day (our campus has lots of open space) and I couldn't be happier. My feet will get sweaty and then clammy once I stop walking, but then I just head to the library and warm up by the fireplace.

I have red hunter wellies, and love them, i have even gone shopping in Barneys with them, and got tons of compliaments from the SAs. They are very comfortable, and for winter im going to buy the inserts, so they will b warm enough for winter, and walking around my college campus