Question about weekend hamptons tote?

SarahJosephina

Third Generation
Nov 5, 2008
New York State
I will say that the average diaper bag is 17" and under in length, but of course it's a matter of what you need. Also, I would suggest that the coated canvas Coach totes & satchels would be more "spill and stain friendly," as they are a non-absorbent material (seeing that you are in MA weather/kid debris :drool:).

If you find another bag that meets your criteria from Coach that isn't necessarily a "diaper bag," without changing pad and all, you can buy something similar to this:
http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=71&f=5040&pc=8 (TheLandofNod.com is awesome!...no affiliation with me of course) ...and they sell other items that are similar.

I post this because I am in the market for the same thing, although the bag in my avatar will be it when PCE comes...let us know what you choose! Hope this helps!!!

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
My kids are no longer in diapers they are 4 and 6 so it would just be used to carry my things and a few things for the kids when we go out. I have been carrying a large Carly. I am just wondering if they are similar in size or if this would be way to big. I am not sure about the coated canvas. I find myself starting to prefer the bags that don't scream Coach all over them KWIM.

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
Wow those seem to similar in size. I am on the fluffy side but I think that might be too big for me to use everyday :thinking:

SarahJosephina

Third Generation
Nov 5, 2008
New York State
It's a crappy pic, but definitely gives you an idea, I was kind of "fluffy" (<love that term) too.

The large Carly (15" length right?) would seem great, BUT if you have the "I NEED a new diaper/kid bag" itch, then NO you need a NEW one!!!

Hehe, ;)

SuperMom2

SAHM of 2
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
MA
It's a crappy pic, but definitely gives you an idea, I was kind of "fluffy" (<love that term) too.

The large Carly (15" length right?) would seem great, BUT if you have the "I NEED a new diaper/kid bag" itch, then NO you need a NEW one!!!

Hehe, ;)
I like the way you think lol :tup: I am gonna think about it a bit before I decided if I really need a back that size. My Carly does hold a ton. I am not sure if I could really go any bigger and be happy.

MsAmie

Gotta have them all!
Jan 15, 2008
land of sand & hot
I don't have the exact one you want, I have the small hamptons weekened tote in white--but it is made out of the same material. I have had mine for about 2 yrs now and I have to say this bag is really durable and very EASY to care for. It also doesn't stain easily, even the white one that I have. If there are ever any kind of dirt that does shows up, I am usually able to get rid of it with a damp cloth and some mild soap. I would definitely recommend it to you, especially if you are looking to get that black one! HTH.

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
I love my weekend hampton tote style! I have mine but I rotate my bags so I haven't seen any wear or tear.

I don't have the exact one you want, I have the small hamptons weekened tote in white--but it is made out of the same material. I have had mine for about 2 yrs now and I have to say this bag is really durable and very EASY to care for. It also doesn't stain easily, even the white one that I have. If there are ever any kind of dirt that does shows up, I am usually able to get rid of it with a damp cloth and some mild soap. I would definitely recommend it to you, especially if you are looking to get that black one! HTH.
at some point ill remember to post pics, but I previously used a MFF coach hamptons weekend baby bag as my laptop bag in blk/blk w/ the nice nylon (not satin) outside and after atleast 2 yrs was still going strong.