Question about wearing bangles...

Mar 13, 2006
USA
I love the look of multiple bangles on a wrist. And I have quite a few beautiful bangles that I would like to start wearing. But one thing gets in the way - the noise. Does the clanking bother you? Do people around you seem to notice and get annoyed? Do you eventually stop noticing the noise so much?

Would you wear a few thin bangles to the office? Or is that too loud?

Thank you for your responses!

Contessa

O.G.
Sep 25, 2007
I love the clicking/clinking sounds!!

I wear several of my glass bead bracelets on one wrist & love the look- & sound!

Cell phones are annoying...but NOT clicking bracelets!

Jan 22, 2008
My own clicking bracelets drive me crazy. I wore a charm bracelet today and I kept pushing it under my shirt because it was so annoying just hitting everything and the charms hitting the bracelet.

Dec 19, 2009
personally, I love the sound. I think it's fun - not loud or annoying. But when I'm working I tend to push the bangles up higher on my wrist so they're tight on my arm and don't make noise... otherwise they'll clank against my keyboard, etc.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
I wore 7 gold bangles (Asian trend for young girls) when I was younger and I love the sound they made. They didn't bother me at all until I entered university and the noise irritated my classmates & study group. I never wore them since out of consideration for them. I still love that sound.

I think it depends on your co-workers. It's almost the same thing as clicking of pens. Some people are annoyed at it, some are not.

RQH5061

Oct 14, 2010
I wore 7 gold bangles (Asian trend for young girls) when I was younger and I love the sound they made. They didn't bother me at all until I entered university and the noise irritated my classmates & study group. I never wore them since out of consideration for them. I still love that sound.

I think it depends on your co-workers. It's almost the same thing as clicking of pens. Some people are annoyed at it, some are not.

Omg same! I'm a sophomore in university and I've been wearing mine since I was 9. I broke 3 of them so I have 4 now and it's less annoying lol.