Question about Watch Links - I feel like im deciding btwn too tight or too loose. ++

ColoradoChick

Nov 8, 2010
Is there something a watch repair man can do to help this- like some sort of insert that makes it just the right size or am I stuck with choosing. It is a DKNY ceramic watch, by the way.

Thanks!

Happened to me with a Michael Kors watch, I returned it. Too loose was clunky because it was oversized, and too tight cut off my circulation!

Well the thing that sucks is I got 4 links taken out yesterday after i bought it, and as she handed it to me, she said, "Oh, and you cannot return it now". I tried on the watch and it was wearable, but very tight. So I don't think returning is an option. I think i might go get another link put in there, even though it will be too large. I just don't know.

I wish Macy's would allow you to determine if a watch fits after it is sized!!

Well the thing that sucks is I got 4 links taken out yesterday after i bought it, and as she handed it to me, she said, "Oh, and you cannot return it now". I tried on the watch and it was wearable, but very tight. So I don't think returning is an option. I think i might go get another link put in there, even though it will be too large. I just don't know.

I wish Macy's would allow you to determine if a watch fits after it is sized!!
I would just put one back in.

Just go back to the jeweler and have them put a link back in (they should have given you the extra links in a small bag). I prefer to have it loose enough to go up and down the wrist a bit, but I should not be able to move the watch to the side or underside of my wrist.

I bought my watch from Nordies, the lady who took out the links for me said "just wear it at home and see how you feel..." It was wayyy too tight so I took it back 2 days later and they refunded me.

I think if you took it to a manager at Macy's they would refund you if you were adamant enough. Honestly, if you put all the links back in and went to a different Macy's (or even the same Macy's at a different shift) how would they know you'd ever had it sized? And there's definitely no "you can't return watches ever" policy at Macy's. Otherwise I'd go with loose over tight...