Question about vernis

Hanouna

Sep 13, 2008
My best friend and I both got the vernis Alma MM in pomme. I was talking to her today (she lives overseas) and she was telling me that she has many purses she regrets buying because either they went on sale or are not in right now. so i told her that maybe she should stick to classics when it comes to purchasing luxury purses and shoes. I reminded her of her Alma and I said it's a great bag and I don't think she will feel this way about it as it will never go on sale. she said maybe she made a mistake getting the Alma too because it's vernis and it's red (I talked her into buying the purse as I got one for myself and love it :yahoo:).

she said vernis will be outdated in few years especially the color red. she said she won't feel the same way if she got a red hermes but with vernis that's how she feels. I don't agree with her. I think Alma vernis is a beautiful classic and a statment bag that I see myself carrying years from now and Red color is like black even it goes out of style it will make a come back. I was wondering what do tpf members feel about the Alma vernis in pomme? I will show her this thread. Thanx for reading this long post ;)

IMO it's a classic. Classic LV shape. Patent leather is gorgeous. Red is an awesome color for bags, it just makes everything pop.

I think your friend should return her bag though since it doesn't seem like she is happy with it.

It's not that she is not happy with it. she loves it. she even bought a matching belt. it's just that she was worried that a year or two from now she won't love it as much because it will be outdated.

Hmm, I think with some colors this may be true. But I don't think I feel that will be the case with the Pomme or Amarante for some reason. The rose and gris - perhaps (as much as I love them and hate to admit this!).

Pomme is the best Red & Vernis color LV has had yet and I'm sad they discontinued it. I love red and the Vernis line is my favorite LV line so I'm very biased. I will carry my Pomme Alma MM and BB for many years to come. I know my taste won't change on that since I love Pomme, the Vernis and the bag style. I also do not like Hermes so of course I will pick LV & Vernis over Hermes anyday.

Also, I don't keep my bags based on trends or what is "in". I like what I like and what is good for me at that moment. I don't need any "fashionistas" in a magazine to tell me that a bag/shoes/clothes I love is not in style so I should not carry it.

I think is timeless as well! I guess you will use it more in some periodes and less in other. But will always be a HOT purse. When I finnaly get my Bra in pomme, I will carry her forever!!