Question about USPS Tracking/Signature Confirmation

Generally, for an item with a total cost (including shipping) of < $250, if tracking shows delivery, the seller will win a non-receipt dispute.

For an insured package, if d.c. shows delivery, the post office won't honor a claim.

(Just a commentary: USPS is a PITA to deal with. Even in cases where tracking stops and there's no proof of delivery of an insured package, the post office doesn't make it easy to get paid for a claim. It took me nearly 3 months to get reimbursed for an insured loss and about 3 dozen phone calls and letters.)
ty BeenBurned. I am beginning to suspect a conspiracy with the USPS... the services are worsening and the costs keep increasing while the whining and complaining by the personnel remains... short staffed, closing of offices etc. Seems they want us to see how bad things are getting and need them more. I say revamp the system. Too much waste and clearly aggravation as of late.

What I find horrifying is that Sig Confirmation doesn't mean that it's the package's intended recipient who has to sign--anyone can sign for it . (I don't mean faking the addressee's name, I mean that any name can sign for the package.)

From USPS: "The Signature Confirmation™ Form gives you the benefits of Delivery Confirmation™ — with an added level of security by requiring a signature from the person who accepts your package. " Thanks, USPS!:cursing:
I believe you can pay extra (at least on usps.com) for signature by the addressee only.

I say revamp the system. Too much waste and clearly aggravation as of late.
you won't get an argument from me.

In another case where tracking stopped and an uninsured package seemingly got lost and even though it got to the delivery city, they denied my claim based on the lack of insurance.

But this was funny! They refunded me the $2.10 I paid for signature confirmation but didn't get.