Question about two tone watches

sparkle7

O.G.
May 24, 2007
I have a chance of buying a preowned two tone Cartier ballon bleu watch at a discount price. I really like this watch and was thinking of selling my Cartier stainless steel tank and putting money towards the purchase of the ballon bleu in stainless steel. But now that I have an opportunity to buy the two tone ballon bleu for the price I would have paid for the stainless, I'm not sure what to do. I like the two tone watch but don't know if it will look dated in few years. What do you guys think? Are two tone watches dated in general? I have a couple of days to to decide so any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Razzoon
I think I'm in the minority but I love the two-tone BB. It really pulls all different metals together. I'm not sure if you have a LOVE bracelet but I adore how the TTBB looks next to the YG love. The design is of the watch is exquisite - I prefer it to Rolex's DJ - and I don't think it will look dated at all.

I very much prefer a two-tone watch in general, but most especially in the Ballon Bleu. I agree that it pulls all colours of jewelry together, and I think it is just more attractive on its own. Additionally, consider that two tones have been made for decades in all premium designer watches. They haven't become dated in the last 50 years at minimum; I sincerely doubt they will suddenly become dated within the next few years.

i very much prefer a two-tone watch in general, but most especially in the ballon bleu. I agree that it pulls all colours of jewelry together, and i think it is just more attractive on its own. Additionally, consider that two tones have been made for decades in all premium designer watches. They haven't become dated in the last 50 years at minimum; i sincerely doubt they will suddenly become dated within the next few years.
+ 1!

I have a chance of buying a preowned two tone Cartier ballon bleu watch at a discount price. I really like this watch and was thinking of selling my Cartier stainless steel tank and putting money towards the purchase of the ballon bleu in stainless steel. But now that I have an opportunity to buy the two tone ballon bleu for the price I would have paid for the stainless, I'm not sure what to do. I like the two tone watch but don't know if it will look dated in few years. What do you guys think? Are two tone watches dated in general? I have a couple of days to to decide so any advise is appreciated. Thanks.

I wore a two-tone watch back in the 1980's to work every day. I did get tired of mine after a few years but mine was a relatively inexpensive watch, not a lifetime investment piece, so it was easy to sell it and move on. Now that it's been 15+ years, I've started to look at them again though I'm not close to buying one.

I think if the style and design of the watch is classic it's going to stand up over time whether it's SS, gold, or two-tone. Certain styles will look great 10 years from now, like they did 10, 20 or 30 or more years ago. The only watches that seem dated to me now are the ones with faces that are very small (or just look beat up and old lol).

I wore a two-tone watch back in the 1980's to work every day. I did get tired of mine after a few years but mine was a relatively inexpensive watch, not a lifetime investment piece, so it was easy to sell it and move on. Now that it's been 15+ years, I've started to look at them again though I'm not close to buying one.

I think if the style and design of the watch is classic it's going to stand up over time whether it's SS, gold, or two-tone. Certain styles will look great 10 years from now, like they did 10, 20 or 30 or more years ago. The only watches that seem dated to me now are the ones with faces that are very small (or just look beat up and old lol).

i agree, two-tone has been around for quite awhile and i don't see it disappearing.

Thanks for advise. I'm 90 % there but now debating whether I should sell the tank. I wore my tank today and realize I would miss it if I sold it.

i think you'll miss your tank too. my advice is to keep saving and when you can purchase the other. then you'll have both ;)