Question about traveling with BE bags

nomoreroom

Aug 26, 2007
Hello Belenistas! I see lots of you talking about how wonderful your BEs are for traveling, and I saw an entry on the BE blog about the Stroke Me as an ideal carry-on bag.

So here's my silly question: How does a bag that does not close completely work as a carry-on when most airlines require all bag to be stowed under the seat during the flight? Small things fall out of my TME if it tips over in the car, so I imagine it would happen even more so on an airplane. Has everyone just lucked out and been able to keep their bag at their side or on their lap? I'm not sure I could take a chance that I would be asked to store it under the seat for the flight, So my BE is out as a travel bag, unless anyone has any wisdom to share.

Hello Belenistas! I see lots of you talking about how wonderful your BEs are for traveling, and I saw an entry on the BE blog about the Stroke Me as an ideal carry-on bag.

So here's my silly question: How does a bag that does not close completely work as a carry-on when most airlines require all bag to be stowed under the seat during the flight? Small things fall out of my TME if it tips over in the car, so I imagine it would happen even more so on an airplane. Has everyone just lucked out and been able to keep their bag at their side or on their lap? I'm not sure I could take a chance that I would be asked to store it under the seat for the flight, So my BE is out as a travel bag, unless anyone has any wisdom to share.

That's a GREAT question. I"m afraid that I won't be of much help answering this one as I wouldn't suggest you use the SM for this very reason as a carry-on.

I know Jackie uses her large HM for a carry on and that's what I use. I like having a full zipper for security.

But, I"m sure others that have a SM can chime in with their suggestions!

Sorry I can't help you with the SM since I don't own one but I agree with you that I don't see how your things can be secure without some sort of closure.

But I did have the opportunity to try a large HM for a few days and this bag rocked! The size and shape were great for all of my needs. You could seriously use this bag for everything, including the kitchen sink, and then tale everything out and just have your wallet and phone in it and it looks great!

If I has to use a SM as hand luggage, which would not be my first choice, I would try to put the contents in 1 or several big zip lock bags and check that they were all still there before I left the plane.

Sorry I can't help you with the SM since I don't own one but I agree with you that I don't see how your things can be secure without some sort of closure.

But I did have the opportunity to try a large HM for a few days and this bag rocked! The size and shape were great for all of my needs. You could seriously use this bag for everything, including the kitchen sink, and then tale everything out and just have your wallet and phone in it and it looks great!

I SO agree with you. The large HM is just your perfect carry-on to everyday bag. It did take me time to get used to how large it is BUT now It's become my all time favorite BE! I actually haven't stopped wearing it for several weeks now.

I"m sorry I don't mean to talk about the HM in your thread.
Good Luck with finding your travel bag!

I travel with my dark grey matte LM and it is a fantastic travel bag. It will sit upright quite nicely and the drawstrings and magnetic strap works very well. Plus, it has the middle zipper compartment that I use to secure my wallet, keys, etc. It's such a great all around bag, and the larger one is perfect for traveling!

I own an SMM and while it has a magnetic close, I would not trust it under the airline seat. It will likely be on its back and all my crap will fall out of it when I kick it accidentally. I would feel better with the WTM since it has two snaps but even then, I would feel more comfortable with a zip closure, like the Hug Me.

But then again I won't place my handbag "naked" under the seat. On my trip to Hawaii a while ago I found nasty gooey stuff on my travel bag (which was a nylon bag that I carried my Chanel with my book and snacks) after I placed it under the seat in front of me.

But I will say that the SMM is a good "packable" bag that you can place flat into your suitcase, much like the Adore Me. My mother would love it for her business trips to Europe.

I travel with my dark grey matte LM and it is a fantastic travel bag. It will sit upright quite nicely and the drawstrings and magnetic strap works very well. Plus, it has the middle zipper compartment that I use to secure my wallet, keys, etc. It's such a great all around bag, and the larger one is perfect for traveling!

The LM and TME would be my next choices for travel. But, after having a BE with a full zipper going across for added security there's just no going back for me!

I think the Hug Me would be good too. Nobody would be able to dip their wicked fingers into it while you were in a queue and it would fit under the seat well.

I think the Hug Me would be good too. Nobody would be able to dip their wicked fingers into it while you were in a queue and it would fit under the seat well.

What I also LOVE about my HM that I use ALL the time are the exterior pockets. I really enjoy having a pocket for quick access for my tickets and important paperwork without having to open the entire bag.

That's one drawback of my HM: It can be a little finicky when your trying to open it. I do have high hopes that the new zipper pulls will address this nicely though.

In any event, I still appreciate having quick access to my travel documents!

OH dear, I better stop my ramblings now over my HM!