question about the Vernis Alma

Nov 21, 2006
Ok...so I REALLY want the Vernis Alma MM in the Amarante. But, I'm very casual..usually in jeans, tees, cardigans, sandals or ballet flats (Jcrew look usually). I dont dress up for work and on days off I'm usually at the mall, target, hanging with my kids..stuff like that..nothing fancy ever. Do you think this bag is too dressy/fancy looking ,for my look that I have going on and my life style? Also..do you have to be extremely careful with it, like bumping it into things and does the vernis get scratched and chipped off easily like on the corners of the bag?? Thanks for your thoughts and opinions. If I get it, I want to be able to use it often, not just sitting in my closet waiting for the right occassion to bring it out.

I have an mm in pomme and I haven't had to be extremelycareful with it, but I am careful because it is a very big bag and can bump into things very easily. I think you can easily pair this bag with jeans and tees or tanks, so I wouldn't worry about that! :smile:

I think that the vernis Alma is all about confidence. Yes, I think that it can be carried casually. I also agree that you do have to be careful not to bump it into things, due to it's size. Have you tried it on yet?

I am a stay at home mom. I have a 5 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter. My days are very similar to yours....mall, target, music class, playdates etc.... I have 3 alma MM's and use them all!! It makes me feel good to just throw on jeans and a t and have a gorgeous glamourous bag! Go for it!

I am a stay at home mom. I have a 5 yr old son and a 2 yr old daughter. My days are very similar to yours....mall, target, music class, playdates etc.... I have 3 alma MM's and use them all!! It makes me feel good to just throw on jeans and a t and have a gorgeous glamourous bag! Go for it!

Curious as to what colors you have. Do you mind sharing? :graucho:

I looked at the vernis alma and love it but I went with the electric epi alma, it seemed more durable. I still love the vernis alma and want to one day get one, but for right now, the electric epi fits me well. And I think because it is black, it matches my casual dress well.

Thanks for that..now I think I'm gonna go for it. Do You think amarante is a good choice? I was thinking a darker color would be best

You know, for the longest time I didn't like amarante. My boyfriend got me an amarante sunset boulevard a few years ago and although I didn't exchange it, I didn't really love it. But now, I really like it a lot, I don't know what happened lol. I think it looks good with neutral colors like greys, black, white, tan, etc.

Thanks for that..now I think I'm gonna go for it. Do You think amarante is a good choice? I was thinking a darker color would be best

I LOVE Vernis and the Alma is the ULTIMATE Vernis bag! Can be dressed up or down, I definitely do. I saw a woman at the airport with a Roses Alma, she was not dressed very trendy, just comfortable, and pushing a stroller and she looked fierce! My favorite colors for the Alma are Pomme, Amarante, Bleu Nuit....looking forward to your reveal! :biggrin:

I have the Vernis Alma MM in Amarante and use it only for casual clothes (I live in jeans & love JCrew). It's a great everyday size so I think it could work out for you as well.

I love the vernis alma MM! I think Amarante or Bleu Nuit would be perfect colors! I also think it is great for casual dress, or dress up, whatever you want. There is just something about the Amarante and Bleu Nuit colors and that size of bag that make it so functional for all types of situations! I personally think the Pomme is a bit dressier...but that's just me, I have a really hard time throwing that color on with anything whereas I think Amarante and Bleu Nuit are almost neutrals. Good luck with your decision and be sure to do a reveal if you end up getting one!