Question about the speedy strap!

yz3

Mar 15, 2010
So I have seen some people carry a speedy 30 with a strap. The lv store told me it is not recommended but it can be done that way, and the strap is sold for 225. The speedy I thinking to buy is damier speedy 30. Do you think it's nessesary to buy a strap?( cause I don't like to carry it on my wrisk all the time) and will they have a matching strap for damier?
Thanks

My speedy is now my everyday bag. I have been using the strap off of my Neo Cabby and it works great. I don't use it all the time, but it's great if I need it for shopping, etc. As far as the distortion goes, I took the advice of others and purchased the Hippie Gal shaper/organizer. Not everyone likes that look, but I love the organization plus the fact that it doesn't distort if I do use the strap.

The new Idylle speedy comes with a strap to attach on the sides of the bag. I love that look but I'm not fond of it when the strap is attached at the handles. Maybe they will eventually put rings to the outside of the other speedy lines.

I think the cross body bags are making a comeback so I say get the strap. I recently saw a girl in the city wearing her speedy with a strap across her body and thought it looked amazing. I may look into it myself as it will bring new life to my speedy.

hi thanks for the replies... I do like the strap on the speedy, even you carry it with the handle, the strap looks great as a accessory. My question is, the natual leather color will not match a dameir speedy. Does anyone know if LV has the cocklate color leather strap for sale separately? thanks~~~

hi thanks for the replies... I do like the strap on the speedy, even you carry it with the handle, the strap looks great as a accessory. My question is, the natual leather color will not match a dameir speedy. Does anyone know if LV has the cocklate color leather strap for sale separately? thanks~~~

I'm 99% sure they do. I've been looking for a cassis epi strap to use with a speedy 25 and I think I remember seeing one in dark brown for damier.

I'm thinking of getting a strap when I get the speedy just to tuck away in the bag and pull out when I'm out shopping & find my hands are full of other stuff. I don't imagine I'd want to use it all the time.

Last edited:
I am 99.9% positive that they have a damier ebene strap, although its not "recommended" I have a 25 that I put a strap on at times, I actually have pics on here somewhere of my azur 25 with my strap. The 30 might be a bit too big, but if you feel like you want/need it, then I say get it, but don't use it a lot, or you might hurt the handles over time.

My SA told me that you can actually damage the bag with the side strap if you carry a lot in the bag - it was enough for me not to buy the strap. I believed her, as she basically didn't get the extra sale by being honest.