Question about the So Black Flap....

chinkee21

My Dream Ring!
O.G.
Nov 6, 2007
Hong Kong
Ladies, I was under the impression that this particular combo only came out last year, however I saw 1 listed as 'vintage' and it even has a matching 'vintage' serial # to match, any of you ladies have any knowledge on when this bag was first produced? I ask cuz I am interested in the bag and I just want to be doubly sure that it's authentic, the nice ladies over at the authentication thread did say it's authentic....TIA!

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
Ladies, I was under the impression that this particular combo only came out last year, however I saw 1 listed as 'vintage' and it even has a matching 'vintage' serial # to match, any of you ladies have any knowledge on when this bag was first produced? I ask cuz I am interested in the bag and I just want to be doubly sure that it's authentic, the nice ladies over at the authentication thread did say it's authentic....TIA!
There have been versions of this bag with plastic (resin) handles, etc. in the past. Last year was the first time they used the PVD coating on the metallic hardware. There are a few threads discussing the prior releases, and yes, there exist "vintage" versions of the bag.