Tech Question about the new macbooks...?

I bought the new aluminum MacBook last November and didn't get any extended warranty or anything. I found myself pretty knowledgable about Mac and I had my old iBook for 5/6 yrs before I upgraded it to MacBook.

I'm currently typing on a new MacBook Pro with no extended warranty ... I'm going to push my luck because I don't take it anywhere except from the desk to the couch.

I don't have any on my macbook as my country have awesome consumer laws that would make that obsolete, but I'm pretty sure I'd get AppleCare for a US-bought laptop as it works everywhere in the world (which is great if you use it for travel).

i did buy the apple care on my macbook. of course i didnt think i would ever use it, but i have had to!

about a year after i bought it, something was wrong, and apple said i just needed a new battery, they did some tests, put in a new battery and off i went....for free!

then, just a month ago, my hard drive completely failed (this is a year and 4 months after buying it) and they gave me a completely new hard drive with all the new programs and everything....for free!

they couldnt have done that if i didnt have apple care

every computer is different and will have its own issues/problems or no issues

I highly recommend Apple Care! I haven't bought it for my new MacBook yet, but I plan to soon. With my previous Mac, an iBook, I did get the warranty. I used it several times- the wires frayed on my charger and they overnighted me a new one; the speakers shorted out and sounded crackly and they fixed it in about a week (and cleaned my white computer which was awesome) and the big one- I was studying in France and my computer just gave out completely, I called Apple France, they had someone who spoke English, they sent a DHL courier with a box for me to pack the computer in, they picked it up (this was a Friday afternoon), sent it for repairs, and had it back to me Monday. The service is always great and it does come in handy. Apple makes great products but I have occasionally had trouble and AppleCare has always come through for me.

When I had my MBP I had the extended warranty.(apple care) It covered everything. I had to get two new batteries, a new keyboard. I also had a bad hard drive replaced. I had that computer for almost 3 years before I sold it. I had just recently sent it in for the new keyboard, because I had some keys that were worn out and they sent me the laptop back with a new body. It was returned to me in mint condition, which made it really easy to sell.

I love Applecare! It's saved me so many times. From all of my friends who have recently purchased the new macbooks, it seems as if they have more problems than the older ones (which I have). My friend bought a new one in November, and the hard drive has failed TWICE! But, since she has trusty Applecare, they've simply given her brand new laptops! Maybe she's just unlucky, but it's great service!