Question about the new Black Grainy Luggage !

Sep 26, 2007
hi everyone !

i just bought the black grainy mini luggage with silver hardware (!!) from barneys today... and after looking at it closely at home, the edge coat (sealant) color looks BROWN to me.... making me wonder if i am just crazy or is it true that celine did use brown edge coat to seal grainy black bags with ?!

can fellow celine experts shed some light on this? thx !!!!!

here it is... not a happy camper at the moment ... :town:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 421
that does look brown...but can't tell if its just really reflective so thats why it looks like that?? i have that exact one on hold and now im kinda rethinking this...

that certainly looks brown. i don't remember seeing it brown on the shelves but it looks like a philo characteristic touch. she isn't one to shy from contrasting colours and materials (gold and silver hardware on one bag)!

but if it really bothers you, you should have it exchanged. all the best!

Here it is again in daylight... Wondering If the off colored sealant was also the case for the previous versions in black ? Just wanted to know if this is a normal occurrence and not just for the resort / s12 drummed leather bags...

Thanks !!

image-1183807388.png

Here it is again in daylight... Wondering If the off colored sealant was also the case for the previous versions in black ? Just wanted to know if this is a normal occurrence and not just for the resort / s12 drummed leather bags...

Thanks !!

View attachment 1567818
hi *F*:nuts: i think it is common for anthra and black 2011 grainy luggages , take a look at KITCAT(post 44) anthra luggage ,it does have the same brown sealant imo!i like it though http://forum.purseblog.com/celine-r...e-luggage-tote-reference-thread-658546-3.html

Yes, it is definitely brown; however, I must say that I like it. It really gives the bag a little extra something! If you do not like it, I'd return it... But honestly I think it looks great. :tup: