Question about the missing cotton cloth for my new birkin bag

Probably shown to someone previously and cloth fell out accidentally or wasn't put back. The box wasn't shrink wrapped, correct?

Thank you purselover.
The box is perfectly wrapped. He told me that he hadn't opened it yet and just opened the box in front of me. He told me that he called me immediately when he got the bag and kept it for me when I said I wanted it.
If so, the bag shouldn't been shown to someone else. Am I right?

To my view, the SA made a mistake. The bag should have been packed properly with the felt. It happens, though. When I got my Constance Cartable, they forgot to pack it. My SA called me to tell that they found the felt. It's just another good excuse to go to H!!!

Congrats on your beautiful bag! Post pics so we can share in your joy.

Thank you etoupebirkin. I will post some pics later and love the Constance, which is always on my wish list but it is so rare nowadays.

The sales actually is terrific. He helps me get my first birkin so quickly and is always very patient. Hope He can find the felt.

My SA threw my felt out when I bought the Kelly from the store last month, she said that the felt is for transportation purpose and once the bag is sold, they are supposed to throw it out unless the client demands to keep it. I've been bugging her to find another for me but she said only if she can sell another Kelly and if the client doesn't "ask" to keep it.

However, I asked for a few times and she said she doesn't have it because she hasn't sold another Kelly yet. I don't know if she just simply made a mistake or she just did it by the rule :sad: I've asked my question here in the TPF too and most people just told me it's just the "felt" and you don't normally store it with the felt, so you don't need it..

but i know how it feels, you spent so much on the bag, of course you want everything in the original packaging.

good luck!

Thank you iheartorgange.

I have the same feelings that I pay for everything that should go with the bag. Before this bk, I just got a lindy one week ago of which the felt is on the bag when my sales presented the bag to me. I am not quite familiar with H's rules and was so excited about the bag yesterday thus I did't think clearly about the packaging. Until I got home and saw some pictures of new birkin online, I just noticed that the felt was missing. :nogood::nogood: I know the felt is not very important but still feel a little bit imperfect for the bag I've dreamed for a long time.

My SA is from the same store as iheartorange and my new B did not have the felt either. I think they automatically take it off before they present it to you. I don't remember if if was there or not when I opened the box but my SA carefully unwrapped the plastic around the box before presenting it to me.

It is probably dependent on the store but my SA did not give me the felt either. Fortunately it doesn't bother me because I would never use it anyway. As long as I have the dust bag, I'm fine.

Thank you for your kind reply jyyanks. The thing is my sales told me that he didn't even open the box and just wanted to open it in front of me. The box was perfectly wrapping with the ribbons but no plastic around it if I remember correctly.

In addition, if the rule of my local store is not giving the felt to its customers, why do they keep the felt of my lindy on the bag? Is the rule different even for different bag? Sorry for so many questions.

Is it possible that someone else such as the manager opened the box before my sales did, say to check the integrity of the bag and throw the felt away? I just guess. :biggrin:

Wow, what continent is throwing away the felt?

ETA: Just saw you're from US...I've never had my felt not included in the box. That's tres odd!

Yes, I am from US. I also feel odd because when I got my lindy, the felt is on. But now, for the birkin, it is not there. I only have two hermes bags so I really don't know what is the regular rule for its packaging.

My sales did tell me that he hadn't opened the box yet and unwrapped the box in front of me. I just can't figure out who took the felt away.:nogood::nogood:

My current SA always ask if I want the felt. She even asks if I want her to remove the pastic cover on the hw. I always keep the felt and take off the plastic covering myself.

But my B doesn't have a felt because it didn't come home with one. Came from the same H store but different SA (no longer there). The SA might have removed it before packaging it for me.

Maybe it's a service to some customers to have all extra packaging materials removed.

It's happened to me some years ago with a gift from my DH. Actually the Kelly Danse came with no protection at all inside its box not even the bag or strap sleeper. I called my SA and she had the two sleepers and the flap protector waiting the next time I made it into Hermes.

DSA said not everyone wants the fabric or bags and apologized for not including them. My bags can stay in their boxes for years, I'm more comfortable known they are stored the way the company packages them for shipping.

Thank you guys. My sales did't ask me anything about the felt or moving plastic. I just take it for granted that I need to take the plastic by myself and everything should be in its original packing. Maybe the rules are not so binding.

Technically speaking, the felt is supposed to be used Only for transportation purpose and should not be given to customers. Some SAs in France who has been working there for tens of years is a stricter for this "rule" no matter how much you ask for it, but as we all know with H, a so-called rule does not mean it will be applied everywhere in the world. :smile: Some SAs will downright refuse to give you a replacement felt, but most of them will say it nicely as in: when I have one, I'll keep it for you, etc etc.
I know how you feel about wanting the felt, I feel the same way too, but accepted that some of my bags does not have the felt cause the SAs threw it out. Not worth the aggravation and time of "asking" for a felt cause I know what they'll do (or not do in this case).
My suggestion to you is try to ask your SA anyway, no harm to ask but don't have your hopes up too high dear. Sorry... :sad:

Thank you so much for your suggestions. Yes, I will try to ask my sales. If he doesn't have the felt, I might make one by myself. :P

Thank you guys. My sales did't ask me anything about the felt or moving plastic. I just take it for granted that I need to take the plastic by myself and everything should be in its original packing. Maybe the rules are not so binding.

You're welcome! With H I have learned that there's no clear rules. Good luck!

I bought a B from FSH from a very experienced SA and the felt came with the bag. How is an SA able to determine a bag doesn't need to be transported by the customer? I consider the journey from the store to my home is transportation therefore I like the felt to be left on please.

The repeated "reason" I was quoted is that transportation means from H to H in their eyes. Once it's passed to customers, it's no longer their concern. I can't remember who it was who told me that the felt is considered rubbish once the item arrived at H stores so hence you should not give rubbish to your customers..... I'm not saying that I think this makes any sense to me personally, but I experienced it in different stores in Eu. Believe me, like you I prefer to have the felt, heck, I even want the description white tag with all my purchases. It's a good info to remember what it is inside the sea of orange boxes. But you know they don't give those to you, especially not at FSH. :shrugs:

Thank you purselover88.

May I ask what does "shrink warpped" mean? I only have two hermes bags and get both of them in recent two weeks. Both of the boxes are wrapped with the ribbon and that is it.

Shrink-wrapped is the thin, clear plastic wrapped around the orange boxes, probably on all the boxes, not just for bags. Again, that's how they ship boxes in H.

Reactions: Kayzee
The repeated "reason" I was quoted is that transportation means from H to H in their eyes. Once it's passed to customers, it's no longer their concern. I can't remember who it was who told me that the felt is considered rubbish once the item arrived at H stores so hence you should not give rubbish to your customers..... I'm not saying that I think this makes any sense to me personally, but I experienced it in different stores in Eu. Believe me, like you I prefer to have the felt, heck, I even want the description white tag with all my purchases. It's a good info to remember what it is inside the sea of orange boxes. But you know they don't give those to you, especially not at FSH. :shrugs:

I am not arguing with you, I am arguing with whoever told you that "reason". I understand what you are saying and don't doubt your experience. But I am also stating my own experience in FSH and I had my bag with the felt intact from that store.

I am not arguing with you, I am arguing with whoever told you that "reason". I understand what you are saying and don't doubt your experience. But I am also stating my own experience in FSH and I had my bag with the felt intact from that store.

:yes: Totally understand what you meant before. I'm sorry if I sound like I was being defensive, absolutely not my intention.
If only there's a bit more consistency throughout H all over the world, we wouldn't even be having this discussion... *sigh*

Sorry to hijack your thread Op!

:yes: Totally understand what you meant before. I'm sorry if I sound like I was being defensive, absolutely not my intention.
If only there's a bit more consistency throughout H all over the world, we wouldn't even be having this discussion... *sigh*

Sorry to hijack your thread Op!

I know I know! I also feel these "rules" are quite condescending to be honest. Just like some SAs taking the plastic cover off from the hardware, please, you sold the goods to the customer, let them decide what they want to do with them, including the "waste".