Question about the 40% Letter

pammie20

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Fort Bragg, NC
Question, I received my 40% letter for my bag that had sealant issues and noticed that it is for FP store only - I thought I read that people had used in the outlet am I mistaken please advise.

I haven't seen anything as of yet at the FP store that is catching my eye but will hold out :graucho:

Mods if this is not the correct place please move for me.

Coach Dedicated

Always another bag..
Oct 10, 2009
I believe it's for FP only. I didn't get a letter, I was going to turn my gigi in for sealant problems and they just gave me a 40% off on the spot, but told me that it was for FP only.

pammie20

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Fort Bragg, NC
Okay - that is good - funny because when I took it to the outlet they offered me 40% on the spot and I wasn't sure how that worked. I didn't see anything that day and they wanted to keep my bag and give me 40% so I was a little confused and just asked them to send in to Jax. I just want to make sure the only bag I really want is Kira or older Kristin totes but with the being possibly at outlet even with the 40% of FP that is too much - so I will hold on to it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Dec 20, 2006
NYC
OP, I hope you don't mind but I have a question about the 40% off letter too. If you use the 40% off letter but decide to return the bag, can you get your 40% off letter/coupon back for another purchase?

toby11

O.G.
Feb 23, 2009
Dallas
I was told once by an outlet SA that you could use the letter at the outlet, BUT it would be 40% off FP, not off the outlet price. I don't know if she was right, but I wasn't interested.

Icecaramellatte - I've always wondered that, too, I think it would depend on the SA. Maybe if you ask first before you order.

pammie20

O.G.
Sep 20, 2008
Fort Bragg, NC
Again thanks for the insight - this really helps me better understand I know each FP and outlet are different but this was the first letter I had received and it seemed that I had read that others may have used at the outlet also - so I just wanted to make sure that I was reading the letter correctly.

And I wondered the same thing about returning a purchase done with the 40% letter at least for me I would ensure it would be a keeper. I typically keep my bags once I purchase I have only had two recently (within 6 months) that I exchanged and one was because of the color and purchased another color but exact bag.