Question about the 40% discount letter

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I know that the 40% discount letter has been discussed many times before but I did a search and didn't find an answer for this question.

I have a 40% off letter and it says that I can redeem it in one of two ways - by phone order or by mailing the letter with my order to JAX. Can't I take it to the boutique store and get the 40% off on a store purchase?

Thanks for your help!

Jun 15, 2009
I know that the 40% discount letter has been discussed many times before but I did a search and didn't find an answer for this question.

I have a 40% off letter and it says that I can redeem it in one of two ways - by phone order or by mailing the letter with my order to JAX. Can't I take it to the boutique store and get the 40% off on a store purchase?

Thanks for your help!
Yes!!!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Thank you, that's great! I received a very generous gift card for Christmas and I think that I would rather go to the boutique with both the letter and gift card and have some fun!

Like you, I generally do not shop at the boutique but I have bought a few items there with PCE. I know that the discount letter can't be combined with PCE but who cares? 40% off is very nice!

katkrack

Be the change
O.G.
Jun 14, 2009
Yes. My sister recently received one and she was visiting me and forgot it. The store was able to look it up. They also processed it as a gift card and extended the recent 25%off pce to her. She got a great deal on a great bag!

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
Yes. My sister recently received one and she was visiting me and forgot it. The store was able to look it up. They also processed it as a gift card and extended the recent 25%off pce to her. She got a great deal on a great bag!
That's amazing because the letter says that it can't be combined with any other discount! Thanks!

katkrack

Be the change
O.G.
Jun 14, 2009
Yes! And the sales associate told us that they are discontinuing the letters and soon gift cards will be issued instead.

katev

"The Bag Whisperer!"
O.G.
Dec 18, 2009
I am back with my original question about using the 40% off letter at the boutique.

The reason that I am bringing it up again is because someone has posted their 40% off letter on ebay for the ridiculous price of $169 BIN! (See the link below, NMA.)

I hope that no one buys it because that's a crazy price to pay a stranger for a coupon and I don't thing that it can be transferred anyway! My letter has my name on it and says that it is being sent to me because they couldn't repair my bag and want to make up for my disappointment and inconvenience. Which is very nice!

But I noticed that the ebay letter says that it can be redeemed 3 ways and one of the ways is at the retail store. My letter says that it can be redeemed 2 ways, by phoning JAX or by mailing it back to them with my order. It doesn't mention the retail store at all.

Anyway, I am probably going to take it with me to the boutique and see if they can honor it. If not, I will look for a bag while I'm there and order it by phone from JAX later.

I just wondered why my letter is different from the ebay letter, any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Coupo...250962588167?pt=US_Coupons&hash=bin3a6e893207

I am back with my original question about using the 40% off letter at the boutique.

The reason that I am bringing it up again is because someone has posted their 40% off letter on ebay for the ridiculous price of $169 BIN! (See the link below, NMA.)

I hope that no one buys it because that's a crazy price to pay a stranger for a coupon and I don't thing that it can be transferred anyway! My letter has my name on it and says that it is being sent to me because they couldn't repair my bag and want to make up for my disappointment and inconvenience. Which is very nice!

But I noticed that the ebay letter says that it can be redeemed 3 ways and one of the ways is at the retail store. My letter says that it can be redeemed 2 ways, by phoning JAX or by mailing it back to them with my order. It doesn't mention the retail store at all.

Anyway, I am probably going to take it with me to the boutique and see if they can honor it. If not, I will look for a bag while I'm there and order it by phone from JAX later.

I just wondered why my letter is different from the ebay letter, any ideas?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coach-Coupo...250962588167?pt=US_Coupons&hash=bin3a6e893207
Letters have (AFAIK) been transferable for quite some time, unless Coach has recently changed that. I'm hesitant to write this because I'm not sure how many people HAVE done that or have known and it could increase the number of people who decide to use that avenue.