Question about the 2010 2.55 bags

Jun 16, 2008
Dear Chanel lovers and experts :smile:
I just got a 2.55 double flap in caviar with gold hardware from this 2010 collection. To my big surprise there is no stamp/square in the CC turnlock in front. I thought this should always be present? Did they stop doing this now?
Please let me know
Thank you :smile:

cparroyo777

CDV_
O.G.
Jan 20, 2009
Dear Chanel lovers and experts :smile:
I just got a 2.55 double flap in caviar with gold hardware from this 2010 collection. To my big surprise there is no stamp/square in the CC turnlock in front. I thought this should always be present? Did they stop doing this now?
Please let me know
Thank you :smile:

I assume that the cc on your flap is the thinner and rounder one, not the flat and thicker. They don't do this anymore on the new bags. I just got my jumbo caviar flap and it has the rounder cc's and thinner without any stamp on the cc. Hope this helps.:smile:

CCLOVECC

Aug 2, 2010
I had just gone to Chanel recently to ask about this. The gold color is very thinly coated, not even plated. Tarnishing will happen over time, but of course, fixable to look new if brought in for a service. I was slightly disappointed when I first heard about it, but i've accepted it, all things have wear and tears over time, no matter how much we pay for them (for the exception of diamonds of course :smile: )

cparroyo777

CDV_
O.G.
Jan 20, 2009
I had just gone to Chanel recently to ask about this. The gold color is very thinly coated, not even plated. Tarnishing will happen over time, but of course, fixable to look new if brought in for a service. I was slightly disappointed when I first heard about it, but i've accepted it, all things have wear and tears over time, no matter how much we pay for them (for the exception of diamonds of course :smile: )

Thanks so much for the response.. Geesshh, If only I knew, I could've gotten the silver hardware then... But, it will take quiet a long time before it tarnish or fades right?