Question about the 2.55 brown quilted flap?

Helena928

O.G.
Apr 14, 2008
NYC
www.brooklynblonde.com
Hi All,

I'm kind of new to this board but am totally getting sucked in. This place is dangerous!!!
I need some help here- regarding the 2.55 quilted flap, can the chain handle be doubled and made shorter? Or can I only wear it long to my hip?
Also, how brown is the brown? I'm looking at a picture on the internet and it looks black to me.

Last question, how much does this bag retail for?

Thanks so much! :smile:

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
CALI
www.etincelerauthentications.com
Hi Helena welcome to the Chanel subforum.:flowers:

If we're talking about the Jumbo flap it can be doubled and worn over the shoulder.

I think the older large/medium flaps could not be double, but the newer ones (2008) can.

Chanel hasn't done a brown flap for a few years. Which bag in particular are you talking about?

thegraceful1

ILuvChanel/Cartier
O.G.
Nov 14, 2006
Orange County, California
It can be worn double or single strap, Chanel have various shade of browns, it all depend of the year/season that a particular brown shade was from.
Every season is different.
2006 was the last year Chanel had a classic flap in brown
2008 Chanel had a metallic brown reissue (but not for the U.S.)

Smoothoprter

Mon for short
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 28, 2006
CALI
www.etincelerauthentications.com
It's an older bag. According to the hologram sticker it's from between 1997 - 1999. Sophie might know better exactly what year based on the numbers.

Ask the seller to provide a picture of the bag in natural sunlight and then maybe you can see the brown undertones.

Regina07

O.G.
Jan 3, 2007
Los Angeles California
I have a vertical quilt jumbo that looks similar and is from the same period. I assumed it was black until one day I happened to see it next to a (true) black jumbo! I consider the color a brown-black.

Good luck!